No job feeling worthless

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
I recently finished my course at University and I just feel so worthless because I don't have a job and I haven't ever had a long standing job. Nobody seems to respect me and I am always comparing myself to others and knowing I am just so insignificant in comparison. Even younger siblings are doing much better than me and I just don't seem to have what it takes in this life.
I have never really known what I want to do in my life so I just chose to study randomly for a design course and I am still none the wiser as to what I want to do. The course took much longer than it should have because of mental issues and I am much different at the end of the course from starting it. I have balding hair, mental issues, less friends, debt and still no job or girlfriend. But who would want to be with me? It is sad but true.

I noticed someone here talked about job seeker depression and I can understand why that would be a real thing. Just looking at each job description I can imagine how much I'd fail in each job. I don't even know what to say anymore. I am fed up with explaining why I am basically a loser for lack of better words. I don't enjoy design anymore. I don't really want a job involving sitting in front of a computer all day because I do that already.

I have been lurking on here for a while over recent months, just wallowing in self pity and wondering why I am single and my life isn't how it should be. Now I realise why. My pathetic attempt at life seems to create an aura around me or something because my parents have had enough of me just being in the house all day and I make them unhappy just existing basically.

I don't even feel like getting up the next day anymore. There is no reason to. There is nothing to my life anymore. Why is it still so difficult to get a job after being in education all my life? I am always waiting for life to be enjoyable and it slips back to loneliness. The first 24 years of my life in education for this? Its just a miserable struggle to keep up and looks like I'm too weak to struggle on so I spend my days trying to get out of bed. It's stupid now why I didn't understand how I was single.

Hey there. I am sorry you are having such difficulty. How old are you by the way? 24 im guesing? All I know is it's tough and I think I am thr perfect person to chime in on issues like this being a slacker type. A loner type. A time wasting type. All due to being depressed they tell me now. No supprise. I had self-image. Body- image. Issues for years. And it took it's toll. And after a while. All that manifests into so many other issues. I.e anxiety. Depression. Somethings that would help alleviate the lonliness isolation is meeting new people. For me women. But no such luck. And for the the other issues I stated above...well here is the coup de grace!! Medication..

Everyone said that is the only option. The thing I am still reluctant to try. Because i just dont have that much faith in psychotropic drugs. Well..so I have to make that call on my own soon. But..I hope you took away something from this. Ttyl

I know how you feel.

I've been laid off for a year now. I've been looking for jobs and not getting a single interview in my field. It's so depressing.

I can understand that looking at others will make you feel jealous or less worth while. But plz do know, that what you do and they do is different. Try to focus on you.

My situation isn't any better, but all I can say is don't give up. Maybe consider another city/state, which may be more suited to your field. Good luck!

I felt like I was having an out of body experience seeing I posted on this thread before. But saw it was a recent updated topic..

Latest posts

Back