has anyone ever fallen in love with a fictional character?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miadora

Reaction score
And I mean actually in love or at least a serious crush, like wanting to have a date with that person, having dinner and just talk...like you would feel toward a real person you meet in your daily life.

I know the teenager and crazy fan crush, I have had those. I also know the sexual kind of crush , the "it would be great if we end up in bed" thing. But this's nothing like that.

I just finished a tv series and feel kind of sad, which is normally after finishing a story you love. Some says because you can no longer be in that "world" again, it's end. But to me it's not like that, I don't miss that world but the main character. Not something big, though. Imagine a coworker you like, but didn't have a chance to ask them out (and not because you're shy, but circumstances didn't allow) and one day you hear from other coworkers that they had quit and moved to another city.

It feels like that, something is missing, not strong enough to make your heart clench or make you cry, but still something is missing. And you want to see that face again, hear that voice and look at that smile one more time.

I never felt like this before, I even tried to watch other movies of that actor but what I miss is the character from that certain series. And I kind of afraid to rewatch it because I know it would eventually end.

Sure, there're other movies I loved and was crazy about. One even made me cried for days after that, because it has a sad ending. Then I would start finding other things related to it: other movies of the same actor, fanfictions...and it would satisfy my need for being in the fandom. This time it doesn't help.

This time it just feel so different. I know this feeling would go away over time, but at the moment I would like to know if anyone has ever feel this way.

I have, as a boy several decades ago. I wanted to be the boyfriend of the characters that Hayley Mills played in her films. I fantasized about it for a few years back then. Ha! Ha!

miadora said:
And I mean actually in love or at least a serious crush, like wanting to have a date with that person, having dinner and just talk...like you would feel toward a real person you meet in your daily life.

Yes I find that common all during my life. I actually think this happens to everyone just no one really admits it. To make you watch a show you have to root for the characters and so, they are made to be sort of impossible versions of reality - that you and most people will really like. Plus they can't make any of the mistakes of real people.

I think the feeling will fade.I never have understood people who have crushes on actors, I always fall for the character, not the actor.

What I do is probably weird but when I find a character that I like that was used wrong in the tv show / movie etc they become sort of a life time daydream where I can just call them up and use them in a day dream. If that is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Not quite the same thing but there is a girl who I consider to be the best internet troll ever who streams and youtubes as a fake character where she acts like an absolute idiot on purpose so that people have to donate money to her to be able to send her abusive messages. She also has a channel where she is her real self and I would love to date the real girl.

This is actually something I've been wondering for a long time. Having never experienced this I find difficult to understand when other people speak of it. But I do know or have known quite some people that were/are in love with fictional characters.

I don't know if it's love or just being fascinated by finding the manifestation or reflection of an ideal or ideals, even if it happens to be in a fictitious form. I've certainly been mildly infatuated by the possibility of characters from books and film and even anime over the course of my life. Not so much now, regrettably. Perhaps my ability to immerse myself fully in the story being told is fading. I hope not.

When I was a young kid I wanted to be with Madeline. We would have been best friends.

I had tons of Madeline books.

Yes I've had crushes on characters before. In Love with them though? No. I believed I just loved who their character was and loved the kind of person they were. The one crush I crushed on for awhile was actually Fox Mulder from The X-Files. During one episode he actually cried in the church because he missed his sister and for so long he beat himself up because he couldn't save her. I was very young when I watched it and I watched it for so long wishing he would put his sadness to rest. I loved the chemistry he had with Dana Scully. It's one of my favorite TV shows and I sometimes I still watch it on Netflix. Plus I always found Fox Mulder to be hilarious.

This such a cute moment right here! =)
Fox Mulder hugging Dana Scully.
mulder1.w529.h352.gif

Yes fictishous characters are the best they never cross the street when they see you coming. :rolleyes:

I have a few which I like but biassed in favour of redheads

Boudicca but watch yourself she's more than a handful

Mary-Jane from Huckleberry Finn. He missed out in a big way there, I identify myself with his character a little bit.

Catherine Linton from Wuthering Heights. Yet again, Mr Lockwood not man enough when he could (but maybe for the best) have been.

I admit to .......
Vincent-beauty-and-the-beast-tv-show-31830508-500-380.jpg

I loved the original was a total romantic..

Austen said:
DarkSelene said:
Mr. Darcy!

OMG YES!

And I was also obsessed with Aragorn from LOTR and Mr Thornton from North and South :D

I'm not a fan of LOTR but I used to like Legolas hahaha

Mr. Darcy is the love of my life, though!

Austen said:
DarkSelene said:
Mr. Darcy!

OMG YES!

And I was also obsessed with Aragorn from LOTR and Mr Thornton from North and South :D

Mr Thornton,I forgot about him.Sigh....

Lately I saw Far From The Madding Crowd and Gabriel Oak is up on my list.

Legolas is pretty cool too, DarkSelene :)

Magalie, Gabriel Oak yes! He was such a good, sweet guy.

I am guilty.

244z136.jpg
:club: 

I just really liked her personality.

Latest posts

Back