Do you know any internet forum that embraces solitude?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShyBeliever

Reaction score
Hi everybody

This forum is definitely useful for venting, meet people like us and discuss our worries, however I also feel that this forum has a bit too much negative pespective about a life of solitude and isolation.

My mindset in my last years is trying to embrace my solitary nature, and see my introspective and introvert tendencies more like a peaceful blessing than a burden. I feel more at ease with this kind of thinking, because after all there are definitely some qualities in our personality traits and solitary lifestyles, and it´s not our fault that society doesnt recognize that.

I´m looking for internet forums, bulletin boards or communities in the internet that promotes embracing solitude as our nature and that celebrates a solitary lifestyle as a peaceful and happy way of living.

Can you suggest me any virtual community you may know with the characteristics I´m looking for?

Thank you for your help.

Good luck for everyone :)

What an interestingly different way of viewing solitude Shy Believer. Many find isolation difficult because we are sold the image that to be happy it is necessary to be surrounded by friends/family and yet you have found that is not necessary which I found very uplifting.

Yes, I get lonely but I also enjoy having the space to be myself without having to pander to others' needs and wants so I guess i'm a little like you.

Sorry not to be able to offer the info you are searching for, I think most folk are seeking refuge from solitude so it's a limited market.

I wish you peace and hope you find what you are looking for.

It seems to me that a 'community' that embraces 'solitude' is somewhat of a paradox.

When I seek to embrace solitude, I simply unplug the computer.

Full analog!

I am the same way lately. If you find anything let me know. I don't see a community that embraces solitude a paradox. I think that all human beings do need to interact with other human beings.. but "how often" and "in what capacity" is open to variation. A community of people who interact on a small or infrequent basis can still be a community. On line is an adjunct.

Hard to find. No reason to be solitary. We are naturally social creatures.

Droopy said:

Hmm.......No reason to be solitary? Some of us just aren't able to be sociable however much we wish we could :(

Jently said:
Droopy said:

Hmm.......No reason to be solitary? Some of us just aren't able to be sociable however much we wish we could :(

Yeah don't worry, was talking out of my ass lol

What is this website for then?

Droopy said:
Jently said:
Droopy said:

I don't think you were talking out of your ass at all. We are naturally social creatures, but that doesn't mean some of us don't struggle to be as sociable as the average person, fail to find grounds to connect on with others, live in situations which don't allow for much social interaction or are indeed less interested in social interaction for its own sake. This website is for all of them...that's how I interpret it at least.

Rodent said:
Droopy said:
Jently said:
Droopy said:

I don't think you were talking out of your ass at all. We are naturally social creatures, but that doesn't mean some of us don't struggle to be as sociable as the average person, fail to find grounds to connect on with others, live in situations which don't allow for much social interaction or are indeed less interested in social interaction for its own sake. This website is for all of them...that's how I interpret it at least.

Well, after re-reading the original post, I think here's a good conclusion:

I think this is the website OP IS looking for, but just doesn't realize it, and isn't trying to take part in the more positive aspects and areas that the site and the community have to offer. (He thinks this website is more negative than his liking, though is looking for a community like this one, that acknowledges and respects being solitary).

Although.. he said a community that "promotes embracing solitude as our nature and that celebrates a solitary lifestyle as a peaceful and happy way of living". You don't need a website for that, or a community, in fact you'd be defeating the entire purpose of what you're looking for. For this, you need to just look into yourself.

Anyway, sorry, I'm sure I sound rude but I'm not trying to be. I'm just bored and have no one to talk to, so I comment on posts that have been made in the last few days.

I don't think you sound rude at all Droopy, on the contrary your response is a well thought through analysis of both the OP and this site.
Well done.

Jently said:
I don't think you sound rude at all Droopy, on the contrary your response is a well thought through analysis of both the OP and this site.
Well done.

My question for you is, do you like being lonely and solitary as your free will choice, even rejecting other's offering you their friendship or is it that you feel rejected and forcefully and against your free will made to be a loner, without being able to do nothing about it? Because there are people who just like being alone and there are others that are forced to be loners by people who ignores them, overloooks them or simply show no interest in starting a friendship or making any contact with them. How do you describe yourself?

Latest posts

Back