So many members so little posts. . .

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

Reaction score
Why are there so many members that don't post? Most new members don't post why?

Knightsofwar210 said:
Why are there so many members that don't post? Most new members don't post why?

I think a lot of new members "lurk" until they get a feel for the forum, so to speak. A few post right away, but not many. I'm sure that some are content to just read what others write. Also, like me for example, some just post at random times. One day I might be top poster and then not even make the list, at all, for a month! It depends on what I have going on in real life. Sometimes I have time to post, sometimes not. And then there are days that it's best that I DON'T post! lol, on those days, you'd just as likely find me doing this:
:club:

This is the same for any message board that it well have a lot of new members and very few post.

I found this a little weird myself but that's the inter-webs for ye.

Bluey said:
This is the same for any message board that it well have a lot of new members and very few post.

Yes it sure seems that way. On most boards that has been around for a while the majority of people registered never have posted and never will. Of those that do post, many drift off over time due to new interests or changes in their lives.

BlackCat said:
This relates directly to the "1% rule." It states that for every one person posting in a forum, there are 99 others not posting or "lurking."

Thanks that was actually rather interesting. The one percent being a rough number of course. I did see a forum in which only .05% of the registered people had ever posted. Pretty dead as you could imagine. As a completely off the wall guess, i would think that it would be higher then 1% here just because older inactive accounts are pruned.

Wow thanks everyone oh and thanks for posting you above this post.

NeverMore said:
o okay, just as long as no babies were harmed in the making of it lol

While Joey denies it many seem to claim that he wrote it about Johnny Ramone stealing his girlfriend Linda. The KKK being a reference to Johnny's conservative political views.

Latest posts

Back