social problems helped me quit smoking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagelboy

Reaction score
So, I did discover a positive side to being extremely shy. It helped me quit smoking! I havent smoked in three weekes, and was about to cave and buy some smokes, but I hate buying cigarettes so much that I was able to resist the urge.

That is cool :) I was always kinda embarrassed to buy the smokes as well. Guss I was always a little ashamed that I smoked.

Goes to show there is always something positive that comes from a negative if we look herder nuff.

Good on you mate. 3 weeks, I would say you have got fro the hardest. The first 2 weeks are the hardest after that it gets easier :)

Unacceptance said:
I sometimes question why it is I quit smoking.

I do that sometimes to. Sometimes I think I enjoyed it so why did I stop. But I have felt better since so I know why I stopped.

I haven't smoked for a couple of years now, but I'm now feeling that I could start again at any time. Feeling low is the thing that most makes me feel like smoking again, but I've continued to be strong so far, so I'll try and continue to be 'clean'.

pernjuke said:
So, I did discover a positive side to being extremely shy. It helped me quit smoking! I havent smoked in three weekes, and was about to cave and buy some smokes, but I hate buying cigarettes so much that I was able to resist the urge.

That is pretty amazing. Usually the addiction will push you into buying more anyway. If it has been three weeks you should have the physical addiction on the run and mainly just have to deal with the mental addiction.

Latest posts

Back