I hate people...anyone want to avoid people also? Well, maybe not ALL but most?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

IceCastles

I find myself annoyed and irritated by the rudeness of so many people. I know this is not a "big" issue and I should just let it roll, but it is irritating how selfish and inconsiderate people can be.

Simple things piss me off and while I may not show it on my face or say anything; I find myself often wishing I didn't have to encounter crowds of people on a daily basis.

e.g. When I was shopping at Walmart...my cart was a little bit far away as I was trying on some shoes. When I went to my cart, some ******* dumped all of my shopping items on the ground and stole my cart.

e.g. Today, I only had a $50 bill to pay for a set of bus tickets; and the cashier held my money up high and said "I don't like getting THIS early in the morning" and avoided making any eye contact or anything. C***!

e.g. When I was pregnant (and pretty much all of the time, but it was worse when I was pg); people were pushing and shoving me on the train, bus, and almost down the stairs! Also, here, they do not give a honeysuckle about giving you a seat despite there being designated PRIORITY SEATS which includes pregnant people.
If you say something, these asshats usually respond with "I didn't ask you to reproduce!". My opinion is that it is for the safety of the baby moreso than the mother. Imagine if all of the people shoving, bumping, falling onto the belly...what happens if it harms the baby and baby needs medical support. Are these asshats willing to cough up the $$$?

e.g. People just shoving me or trying to cut me in line etc

e.g. The neighbours' 7 kids running around loose, unsupervised, and denting my garage door, groping my car, and possibly annoying all of the other neighbours. Where are the parents? Why is there no discipline?

You see what I mean? I do try to avoid shopping during busy times, but it's impossible to avoid all people. I also work and school so it's not like I can only go out at midnight etc. I just don't have the time.

I dream about living in a home that doesn't have so many neighbours close by. I live in a duplex-style home and these "new homes" are all like birdhouses and an arms-length away. It'd be cool to be able to: 1) Work from home or part-time, 2) Far away from neighbours or maybe just a few that are nice...3) Avoid idiots

Just a rant...wonder if anyone feels the same way or has any ideas.

I find as I am getting older my patience is running out. :(

If I had to deal with that honeysuckle, I'd probably start chasing people with a bat.

IceCastles said:
I find myself annoyed and irritated by the rudeness of so many people. I know this is not a "big" issue and I should just let it roll, but it is irritating how selfish and inconsiderate people can be.

Simple things piss me off and while I may not show it on my face or say anything; I find myself often wishing I didn't have to encounter crowds of people on a daily basis.

e.g. When I was shopping at Walmart...my cart was a little bit far away as I was trying on some shoes. When I went to my cart, some ******* dumped all of my shopping items on the ground and stole my cart.

e.g. Today, I only had a $50 bill to pay for a set of bus tickets; and the cashier held my money up high and said "I don't like getting THIS early in the morning" and avoided making any eye contact or anything. C***!

e.g. When I was pregnant (and pretty much all of the time, but it was worse when I was pg); people were pushing and shoving me on the train, bus, and almost down the stairs! Also, here, they do not give a honeysuckle about giving you a seat despite there being designated PRIORITY SEATS which includes pregnant people.
If you say something, these asshats usually respond with "I didn't ask you to reproduce!". My opinion is that it is for the safety of the baby moreso than the mother. Imagine if all of the people shoving, bumping, falling onto the belly...what happens if it harms the baby and baby needs medical support. Are these asshats willing to cough up the $$$?

e.g. People just shoving me or trying to cut me in line etc

e.g. The neighbours' 7 kids running around loose, unsupervised, and denting my garage door, groping my car, and possibly annoying all of the other neighbours. Where are the parents? Why is there no discipline?

You see what I mean? I do try to avoid shopping during busy times, but it's impossible to avoid all people. I also work and school so it's not like I can only go out at midnight etc. I just don't have the time.

I dream about living in a home that doesn't have so many neighbours close by. I live in a duplex-style home and these "new homes" are all like birdhouses and an arms-length away. It'd be cool to be able to: 1) Work from home or part-time, 2) Far away from neighbours or maybe just a few that are nice...3) Avoid idiots

Just a rant...wonder if anyone feels the same way or has any ideas.

I find as I am getting older my patience is running out. :(

To be honest, it sounds like there might be something going on other than just general annoyance. It's almost as though you have no filters to filter out less serious annoyances. Are you under chronic stress perhaps? I don't like crowds either - they ARE annoying.

By the way, the C word (even if you use asterisks to replace the letters) isn't a welcomed word on the forum.

As I have got older, I have found myself getting more tolerant of somethings and more annoyed by others.

BTW there is actually a message board and website called "I hate people" google if if you want to rant.

Here is what you do... it is what I am doing.... I am avoiding people. Taking active steps to avoid them. I do think that something has changed in the last 20 years. People have lost any ability to be polite and seem to think, if they think it, they should say it. No matter how hurtful or annoying that is to you.

What steps I have taken. When you work you get in like a jet flow of people. They go out all at the same time and act horribly because things are so crowded and they all have to get stuff done. You do have to take some effort to avoid it.

Do grocery shopping early on the weekend or late at night. Order what you can off Amazon and have it delivered. Pay bills via your bank so you don't have to get stamps. The best way to avoid people cutting you in line is not to participate in one. For instance I never shop at Wallmart anymore unless I am desperate. But I will order on line and have things delivered. Also, be as rude as them? I have had it being polite. When I get on publc transport I will knock a few kids over to get my seat. When I got to get in line, I do it with purpose and will knock anyone aside coming at me.

LonelySutton said:
I do think that something has changed in the last 20 years. People have lost any ability to be polite and seem to think, if they think it, they should say it. No matter how hurtful or annoying that is to you.

Also, be as rude as them? I have had it being polite. When I get on publc transport I will knock a few kids over to get my seat. When I got to get in line, I do it with purpose and will knock anyone aside coming at me.

And you wonder what has changed? If this person, then this person, then 30 more people decide they don't have to be polite anymore, THAT is what changed. And eye or an eye doesn't work. The reason is because kids aren't being taught how to be respectful, how to be polite. They are being raised to think they are entitled. That they can have whatever they want. They need TAUGHT, not shown that it's okay by people who know better.

Just my opinion, of course.

When someone does something I disagree with, I keep my composure. Anger doesn't do me any good.
If only you could prove their child dented your garage door, I think they should take responsibility.
As far as your child, thats very unfortunate. I'm taking this as a learning experience. I would send someone through those busy areas In my place. (If I were pregnant)
I don't think people want to be bad. Sometimes they just aren't aware, sometimes they have different views. When I was younger I was rotten sometimes, But I didn't mean to be. I just didn't know better. "but it is irritating how selfish and inconsiderate people can be." indeed. Work and school tends to put everyone in the busiest of places. Your just going to have to cope. Venting helps sometimes.
I avoid people I disagree with, most of the time. Sometimes I'm not left with a choice, so I just deal. I usually keep to myself in public and always do what I believe to be polite. When I let myself get angry, this is harder for me to do.
You want to be a part of our society, do your part in it, but not put up with the undesirable parts of it? I can relate. Sometimes I wonder If I even want to be a part of this society. (I mean living in America.) Sometimes I think about moving to a third world country, I imagine things are different there.

Sometimes I feel I'd be better off living in a shack in the mountains somewhere, growing my own food, hunting my own meat, isolating myself from the society I see disintegrating before my eyes. Yeah, People tick me off. It's either jealousy, or total disgust, or a combination of both. If I can't be like them, or they won't invite me in, I want no part of it. Sometimes I wish I was born 200 years ago, things were so much simpler back then.

redbeard 44 said:
Sometimes I feel I'd be better off living in a shack in the mountains somewhere, growing my own food, hunting my own meat, isolating myself from the society I see disintegrating before my eyes. Yeah, People tick me off. It's either jealousy, or total disgust, or a combination of both. If I can't be like them, or they won't invite me in, I want no part of it. Sometimes I wish I was born 200 years ago, things were so much simpler back then.

I think we have been messed up by reading literature that was written when you had like 3 people for 50 miles. When I read any of the classics all the strife was caused by not having a lot of people around, instead of what we have now... too many people. So everyone sees people as a good thing, but too many people is not a good thing.

No one wants to admit this but we have too many people. Period. Someday, when I am dead, society will have to recognize it and take steps to stop reproduction. 100 years ago there were less people and every 25 years or so there was a war killing off large numbers of people. That has stopped and we are rapidly getting too many people. I think that is the real reason jobs are scarce and wages are stagnant. It pushes wages down.

"No one wants to admit this but we have too many people. Period. Someday, when I am dead, society will have to recognize it and take steps to stop reproduction. 100 years ago there were less people and every 25 years or so there was a war killing off large numbers of people. That has stopped and we are rapidly getting too many people. I think that is the real reason jobs are scarce and wages are stagnant. It pushes wages down."

If New World Order ever goes as planned, world population will decrease. Hopefully, I'll be long gone if/when that honeysuckle happens.

There are too many people in the world, resources are getting scarcer and social behavior is deteriorating....the modern world is a huge, uncontrolled experiment heading towards doom. But that's a topic for a different forum.

In the meantime, There was some good advice about needing to filter out the obnoxious static that comes from being in crowded places. Public rudeness is like bad weather, it happens.

I dislike and therefore avoid masses, but that doesn't mean I hate every single person in them - if that makes any sense. But there's something about the accumulation of people that brings out the worst in the individual. I mind my own business and circumvent what/who looks like trouble as best as I can.

Rodent said:
I dislike and therefore avoid masses, but that doesn't mean I hate every single person in them - if that makes any sense. But there's something about the accumulation of people that brings out the worst in the individual. I mind my own business and circumvent what/who looks like trouble as best as I can.

Agreed. I think most people are shockingly nice up close and personal. But I do think that there is something to a lot of people having to be out and about at the same time and rushing to get the stuff done. But also, there are just too many people. The first time I went to New York I thought, it is insane. You can't even walk on the sidewalks and they are big.

Latest posts

Back