How to tell ignorant parents I want to do therapy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry94

Reaction score
Lately I think it will be good if I have therapy I'm sick to death of the constant stuff thats happening to me. (arguing with myself in my head, feeling down and depressed, not enjoying anything) the thing is my parents are very nosey so they would find out it's just hard to tell them. I tried to say to my mum before that I was suicidal and she told me to grow up and stop acting like a fool. They are not very supportive and would slag me off and take the piss out of me if I told them I wanted therapy what to do?!

Well how old are you for starters? Depending on your age and seeing as you are of legal status they shouldn't have any say in the matter. Go do it. Find any other avenues to seek out help whether they like it or not.

If you want therapy and they're against it then they're part of the problem. So figure out a way to sidestep around them, they don't need to know. And try to find the right therapist for yourself.

Well, if you're legally old enough to get therapy on your own, I say go for it. If you want to tell them, go ahead and do that and if your mom calls you a fool, point out that that is probably part of the reason you need therapy.

You are NOT a fool for reaching out and getting help. So please don't believe that you are. We all need help at some point in our lives. It doesn't matter what method you use to get that help, just that you do.

I agree with what everyone says above. If you are legally of an age to get therapy on your own, go for it.

Latest posts

Back