How to sign up to therapy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry94

Reaction score
Hey, so I asked a question about this yesterday and I've decided to not tell my parents I did try say to my mum earlier I was depressed but she started talking to me in a kids voice going "ohh, whats wrong my favourite boy" she always says favoruite boy as a joke because I have 0 brothers. My question is, how do I do it? Do I go to the doctors and ask? Do I ring them up? I'm not sure what to do.

Terry94 said:
Hey, so I asked a question about this yesterday and I've decided to not tell my parents I did try say to my mum earlier I was depressed but she started talking to me in a kids voice going "ohh, whats wrong my favourite boy" she always says favoruite boy as a joke because I have 0 brothers. My question is, how do I do it? Do I go to the doctors and ask? Do I ring them up? I'm not sure what to do.

I think that depends on where you live and your insurance. I don't need a referral to go to a therapist where I live, but some insurances require one.

If you have insurance, I would call and ask them, they probably have a list of therapists on their plan and can answer any of your questions. Or you could look it up online via their website. Of course this info is for America, I couldn't tell you about other countries.

Or you can ask your primary care physician. You know your doctor you go to for anything else that bothers you and they will be able to reccomend some doctors

Are you in the UK? If so, I suppose you're going to be dealing with the NHS....find a reason to confer with your primary care MD....alone. He or she will inform you of your options.

By the way, group therapy with people of your own peer group could be a pretty good option. It might be more available than a series of private, one-on-one sessions with a therapist and feedback from other people can be a really helpful eye opener. I've been there and done that.

Hey,

It's already been mentioned but consider going to your primary physician.

But realistically, you could goto a walk-in clinic too and they may be able to refer you to a counselor/psychiatrist/psychologist.

Don't be afraid to talk about it. If your mom doesn't sound like she's taking you serious, then maybe seek out an older sibling or your father or cousin or whomever. But regardless of who you reach out to, make sure you help yourself.

Even if no one will help you, plz plz try to seek help for yourself. Therapy can be very helpful.

I wish you luck!

Latest posts

Back