What music do you listen to while depressed?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ragingbull17

It seems I tend to listen to either Steely Dan or R.E.M. in times of feeling low. Both of these bands seemingly have the power to put me in a slightly better frame of mind. Don't know why. They just do.

Nah. I only listen to Queen when I'm in a happy mood. Great band though.

A certain selection of Lee Michaels can let me know that no matter how deep the crap gets that i will come out the other side.

It varies, mostly I have a few specific songs I enjoy, however I also listen to a lot of the same songs when I go out for walks at odd hours of the night.

I try to listen to happier music but it normally doesn't work so i end up listening to death cab for cutie songs or something

I listen to what I normally listen to if I get depressed and I just turn the volume up slightly.

I am usually listening Bloodhound Gang. Just 4 songs in right order that may help me leave that state. OR I can listen Vanessa Mae.

When I get depressed, music sounds depressing to me.lol
I use to just play my guitar when I get sad.
I listen to a lot of Joe Satriani. Joe writes some mellow tunes too.
I can't listen to love/pop songs becuase of the lyrics.
It brings back too many memories.
That's one of the main reason I listen to Joe.

I havn't been able to listen to music for almost a year.
Last week I download some new age music. A perticular song
caught my attention. It's mostly piano, It's beautiful.
Maybe I'm allowing myself to see beauty in life again.

I wrote this song about a year ago. It's simple , it just came to me.
It's what i felt at that moment.
http://boomp3.com/listen/c047432fs_h/presence

Ok, am I alone in listening to music to improve my mood? If I am sad, the last thing I want is to feel MORE sad lol.

No..
Music improve my mood for the most part.
That's why i don't like to listen to music with lyrics if i'm feeling down.

Music can be very healing. Becuase it resolves.
If you listen to certain instrumental pieces and the variouse movements. The music will resolves. There's a begin, the middle
and the end. The phrase within the movement will also resolve.

I'm a musician..Playing the blues is easy, feeling it is hard.
Sometimes I can write a song from the experince..but man I can't put myself through that anymore.lol

Good god especailly after a break up or sometype of turama.lol
Back in the days i use to hang out on a bar stool and listen to all
those sad country song and drown in my sorrows for the world to see. Then I fall over.lmao
I'm actaully a rock/metal kind of guy so a song like this will put me in some crazy TraNCEs.lol
It's actaully in reverse now. If I can listen to songs with lyrics, I'm getting better.
I can listen to this..now becuase I'm not depressed.

RobertJW said:

:( That's so sad you need a hug. {{{{{{{{RobertJW}}}}}}}}

I usually listen to sad music when I'm sad, and music about love when I'm thinking about the people that I love, and upbeat music when I'm happy :)

I listen to movie themes that I know will make me cry...that way I get it out of my system and then I can start again for the day/evening. I often find that getting the emotions out of me is better than keeping them bottled up.

Most of the time if I am very depressed or angry I just listen to some death metal, grindcore, or powerviolence bands. It really does wonders for me.

Land Slide

This is how I am feeling today. Life changes aren't so easy when they come around. The best we can ask for is the ability to utterly let go and flow with life as it takes it's direction. Pray to find the stength within to take it gracefully.

Latest posts

Back