What the eff is wrong with me? This topic touches on ocd. Depression. Avoidance

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
Lonliness causes all sorts of sensitivity. I even think its responsible for my ocds and depression or at least it excabertaed it and made it worse. Today the mailman who I rareley see. Who I am not particularly fond if his conversation style. Speaks in a very loud tone ny style manner. See me and is like. Almost yelling. " did you get contacts "? I used to always see you with glasses..i still do wear glasses. But never wore them that often I have a habit pf taking them off when in-doors. Now..? This is also part of my avoidant personality that his benign comment bothered me so much. A. I never liked conversing from him. B. A part of me is tryjng to escape bad habits and places that I felt used to bring me down or bothered me which is one of the places I used to see the mailman a coffee shop. Over the years i became so painfully oversenstive and sick with ocds and avoiding places amd situations as to not see the same people that O attribute my stangnet and lonley life to. That when I do see that person and have no choice but to interact with them it sorta like gives me a flahback and brings me back to an unhealthy feeling.

So what I am getting at here and just to let you all know I am not under the care or getting any professional help at the moment. But Is it possible to get well, amd better when living in a environment that seems very detrimental to my well being. I.e home. Neighborhood.?
Because I am clearly not well if a comment from a mailman throws me off and irks me to such a degree .
So what is the solution to elleviate all this negative thinking?

Restless soul said:
Lonliness causes all sorts of sensitivity. I even think its responsible for my ocds and depression or at least it excabertaed it and made it worse. Today the mailman who I rareley see. Who I am not particularly fond if his conversation style. Speaks in a very loud tone ny style manner. See me and is like. Almost yelling. " did you get contacts "? I used to always see you with glasses..i still do wear glasses. But never wore them that often I have a habit pf taking them off when in-doors. Now..? This is also part of my avoidant personality that his benign comment bothered me so much. A. I never liked conversing from him. B. A part of me is tryjng to escape bad habits and places that I felt used to bring me down or bothered me which is one of the places I used to see the mailman a coffee shop. Over the years i became so painfully oversenstive and sick with ocds and avoiding places amd situations as to not see the same people that O attribute my stangnet and lonley life to. That when I do see that person and have no choice but to interact with them it sorta like gives me a flahback and brings me back to an unhealthy feeling.

So what I am getting at here and just to let you all know I am not under the care or getting any professional help at the moment. But Is it possible to get well, amd better when living in a environment that seems very detrimental to my well being. I.e home. Neighborhood.?
Because I am clearly not well if a comment from a mailman throws me off and irks me to such a degree .
I don't really know how it would be possible for anyone to answer that...I can understand how it may be helpful to separate out from people/ situations that have negative associations although if you feel obliged to take extreme measures to achieve that I would imagine that would create it's own difficulties...if you were to attempt to balance this by actively seeking out new interests that involved different faces it would probably be more helpful...wether this would be a possibility for you or wether you would be best seeking assistance to do this I guess only you know

sothatwasmylife said:
Restless soul said:

I don't really know how it would be possible for anyone to answer that...I can understand how it may be helpful to separate out from people/ situations that have negative associations although if you feel obliged to take extreme measures to achieve that I would imagine that would create it's own difficulties...if you were to attempt to balance this by actively seeking out new interests that involved different faces it would probably be more helpful...wether this would be a possibility for you or wether you would be best seeking assistance to do this I guess only you know

Hey sothatsmylife. Whats doing?
I hear what your saying. This is not an over night thing with me. I always rememebr being overly senstive to peoples benign comments even when I was still a kid. So it makes me wonder how I could have nipped it in the bud then so it wouldnt have got out of control as an adult. Now all I hear is medicaction is the only route.

Restless soul said:
sothatwasmylife said:
Restless soul said:

Hey sothatsmylife. Whats doing?
I hear what your saying. This is not an over night thing with me. I always rememebr being overly senstive to peoples benign comments even when I was still a kid. So it makes me wonder how I could have nipped it in the bud then so it wouldnt have got out of control as an adult. Now all I hear is medicaction is the only route.
Yep I know it's it's tempting to look back at ways and means of getting a different outcome but sadly you are where you are at this point in time and quite likely this is that point in time to set about pruning back an unwanted side shoot that is taking advantage of being left unhindered...we have now ventured firmly into the realms of horticulture...and why not : ) a plant in its natural environment will either thrive, become a weakened specimen...possibly due to competition, an overshadowing tree canopy for example, or may die due to a lack of nutrients...a cultivated plant on the other hand may appear to have better opportunities but over watering underwatering wrong habitat and many other factors maybe tend to draw a parallel between both natural and artificial environments...and the relevance of this ? ermmm !! I'm not actually entirely sure...but I thought it might keep you entertained for five minutes
: )

Restless soul said:
Say what ? Lol

Hey that's a result...sometimes it's good to just have a laugh : )
Maybe talking therapy may help to deal better with issues...absolutely nothing comes to 'Those that sit and wait'

Latest posts

Back