Are there some movie scenes you wish you hadn’t seen as a kid?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
Are there some movie scenes you wish you hadn’t seen as a kid?
I’m mainly trying to ask this question seriously, but since it involves (ingenious) fake movie imagery, I guess I’m kind of asking it for fun too, just y’all be aware though that that’s not my intention.

Why am I wondering about this though? Well, I’ll have to fill in some background regarding my family. I grew up in a typical religious family, where they saw everything related to nudity and sex as bad for children, yet violence and gore were seen as OK (only in action movies, not horror ones) and they’re still a bit like that yet to this day. Recently, I was hanging out in my grandma’s house with some family members, including my 7-year-old nephew and one of my aunt’s was browsing through the channels, until she found the 3rd Terminator movie, so she invites him to see the movie. I didn’t said anything, but I did had a nervous heart bump, some scenes are just a bit extreme for a kid like him, especially when he’s maturing slower than most children of his age, he didn’t even pay attention to her though, he was busy playing with Marvel Legos. My aunt probably just forgot about the R-rated scenes, I wonder how she would’ve reacted if she had kept the TV on that channel.

Point is, there are scenes that freaked us out when we were growing up and, heck, maybe some of them left us scarred or had such an impact on us that we still remember it to this day. Some personal examples include the Sarlacc Pit from “Return of the Jedi,” it didn’t help much when I read that George Lucas made it a very sadistic creature, sick f*ck; the melting man from the first “Robocop” movie, do I even have to explain this one? When Carter from “The Lost World: Jurassic Park” gets crushed and, oddly enough, stuck under the T-Rex foot, now as an adult, I find that scene ridiculous, because it doesn’t make much sense; I saw “Aliens” as a kid and despite some scenes, I liked it, I didn’t like “Alien 3” though, especially when I saw Murphy get ripped to shreds in the ventilation fan, every time I see an industrial one reminds me of that scene. The one scene that scared me the most though was the Cyclops from “The Odyssey,” it was the first time I had seen a “human” with just one eye, I then ran to my room when I saw it eat one of Homer’s soldiers’ upper body, then hold the other lower half showing all the blood and stuff. It SCARED me, so much that whenever I would go to sleep, I would think that the giant was outside my window, ready to grab me and eat me, to this day, I still get spooked whenever I hear a noise come from outside my room windows, like when I saw the aliens from “Signs” or the girl from “The Ring,” you all get the idea. I have vague memories of two scenes where a man gets run over by a car, he survives, but suffers and another one of a man getting continuously run over by the front of a train, all while he was still alive and screaming, I never heard the movies’ names though.

Pfft, and I remember when I first started watching pictures of women in very provocative bikinis, if I parent’s hadn’t scolded me so harshly for what I was seeing, I think I would have fared better with women as a teen and adult. Y’all get what I’m saying though, let’s hear your thoughts.

Latest posts

Back