Anyone Hear From bjarne?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SofiasMami

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has heard from the forum owner/ admin bjarne lately. I know he made a brief appearance a few months ago and word at that time was that he was doing well.
I've noticed quite a few useful functions are missing and having only 12 emojis is more like 2006, not 2016.
Will the forum software be updated?

Also, I know other forums use servers that cost money and this forum used to ask for donations. Is ALL's operation free or does it cost?

Just curious.

No response yet from any forum moderators!
Either they haven't seen this thread or they're ignoring it - either one isn't good.

What would you interpret those two options to mean?

It's truly a bummer that bjarne came back only for a limited time. I know he's out there on the web. I'm going to ask him to come back and at least fix some of the glitchy forum functions. Stay tuned...

SofiasMami said:
Either they haven't seen this thread or they're ignoring it - either one isn't good.

I've seen it. I know Minus has. I'm sure Sci has. Thing is, you're almost demanding the man come back and fix a forum. Okay, it's his and it's important to maintain, but I'm sure his child is a higher priority to him than glitchy smileys and all on a forum. I'd never expect him to put time away from his daughter and family just to pacify us.

VanillaCreme said:
SofiasMami said:

I've seen it. I know Minus has. I'm sure Sci has. Thing is, you're almost demanding the man come back and fix a forum. Okay, it's his and it's important to maintain, but I'm sure his child is a higher priority to him than glitchy smileys and all on a forum. I'd never expect him to put time away from his daughter and family just to pacify us.

Ask and you shall receive, no? You call it almost demanding, I call it asking. What an odd response. Meh.

I've done website development, web server administration, and forum software for over a decade. The truth is, this place could be completely overhauled in one afternoon. It pretty much is what we called "administratively abandoned" in my world. Perhaps the staff (moderators) could buy the domain name and then migrate to a platform where you can control updates, add-ons, hacks, mods, etc. Administratively speaking, running a forum is pretty simple stuff. With MyBB, it's pretty much learn as you go. Oh yeah, don't forget to backup the database redundantly! My two cents. :)

bleed_the_freak said:
I've done website development, web server administration, and forum software for over a decade. The truth is, this place could be completely overhauled in one afternoon. It pretty much is what we called "administratively abandoned" in my world. Perhaps the staff (moderators) could buy the domain name and then migrate to a platform where you can control updates, add-ons, hacks, mods, etc. Administratively speaking, running a forum is pretty simple stuff. With MyBB, it's pretty much learn as you go. Oh yeah, don't forget to backup the database redundantly! My two cents. :)

Interesting, I just mentioned to another forum member yesterday moving to another owner/ admin. Web development isn't in my wheelhouse but I know there are a few web developers, including you, here on the site.

I'm on another forum that migrated to the MyBB platform awhile back and it seems pretty decent.
www.atheistforums.org

That wasn't an odd response. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was odd in any way. It's not simply asking. This is his forum. If he should decide to shift ownership or co-own with someone, that's on him. It's not for you or anyone else to demand he do because he's not around often.

Oh and look, he's already aware....

bjarne said:
I know there are a number of issues after upgrading.
Some good new things, but also some broken things. I believe it comes from upgrading and then the upgrade process partially conflicting with already made modifications to the templates. There is also a huge number of javascript errors/warnings :(

I will attempt to fix issues one by one, as I have the time.

Latest posts

Back