My Teacher Antics

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
So, I do a lot of things to mess with my students to keep sanity. Nothing too bad, just jokes for the most part. I want to share them with people, but people are too uptight at work (it's a teacher thing), and I NNNNEEEEEDDDD to share these.

So, right now, one of my classes is obsessed with a marshmallow. There is a marshmallow on my ceiling. Last year a student threw it up and there and got it stuck, and I am in a shop, and I don't want to go get a ladder to get a stupid marshmallow off on my ceiling. So last year I was pissed that this kid did this.

Fast forward to this year. The kid that did is graduated, and most of the kids in that class, I don't have anymore. I had a freshmen as me "Why is there a marshmallow on the ceiling?"

I have hear the theories.

1. I am trying to kill bugs with it
2. It's an experiment
3. There was a marshmallow throwing contest in my room last year

Well, I keep telling these kids that I can't tell them. It is driving them crazy. At least once a week they beg me to explain the marshmallow on the ceiling. And every time I tell them, "I can't talk about the marshmallow."

I know, lame, but I have to humor myself in this job.

So I have a student that never stops talking. He usually makes pun that make no sense and has to explain them. He also likes be over dramatic.

So today he said something about knowing a million people. I don't remember the context but I thought I would humor myself. So I asked him do you really know a million people? And he replied with yes. So I challenged him and said okay, name all their names. He then goes "I don't know a million people's name." Which I then said that he didn't know a million people then. And he argued with me that he did know a million people. I stopped arguing with him but completely cracking up on my head.

A friend's little girl just finished grade one
Her mom was thanking her for her patience while she was tending to something
I asked her if she understood what patience was and she did
I then asked her if she was at the doctors and had wait did that make her a patient patient
I swear I could smell smoke

LOL.

Nicole - I totally feel you.

They will bug you about that marshmallow till the end, I'd laugh and give them as many different theories as I can or ask them to guess. :D

We should help you mess with them

It's not a marshmallow it's a listening device

BadGuy said:
We should help you mess with them

It's not a marshmallow it's a listening device

YES!!!!! I am so going to start that.

So today, I lost an argument with a kid, but I love it! Not really an actual argument, but I was rendered speechless.

Background, my boyfriend teaches at the same school as me, all the kids know it and we have some of the same students.

This one kid, whose best description is to say he is a punk, backtalker, doesn't care that he gets in trouble, has a huge chip on his shoulder, lives with grandma and runs her life, is one that my BF and both have.

Anyways, today he asked when my BF and I were getting married, and I just said, I don't know, what the point, we're not very tradition people. Another kid was in the discussion and says "All it's good for taxes." Which I replied with "Right". Well my punk goes, "No, you vow to each other."

I was just kinda like, ****....didn't think he would think of that. Kinda proud of him.

I have a kid that's last name recently changed, and he informed it was his dad's last name. I ask if his former last name was his mom's, because it was so unique I was just curious. He said no, that hers was something else, and that he didn't know where his former last name came from.

So I just paused, and gave him a serious look and asked "Are you an alien from space?"

He gave me the dirtiest look and said no.

lol

maybe it was the mail mans last name
his momma's got some splainen to do

Latest posts

Back