Unaccomplished Tasks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extreme Unit

Reaction score
If anyone has experienced this, you’ll know that on of the of the worst sensations is when you’re stressing and procrastinating about a certain chore or obligation but know that it needs to get done; yet, when you finally go to do it, the task doesn’t get done because there is some kind of barrier or obstacle that prevents it from getting done. Then, you probably feel angry at having wasted your time, and even less motivated since you didn’t even want to do it in the first place. Something that should be so easy to do and ends up becoming a nightmare is infuriating.

One time, I tried to do an oil change on my car but I couldn’t do it because the drain plug was screwed on too tightly from the previous time I had someone else do it, so I had to pay the guys at the auto shop to change it.

More recently, my car needed a wash and I took it to the self-serve station. There was a machine there that apparently takes debit card which I always use, but when I slid my card through, the hose didn’t start spraying like it should have. Maybe the machine was broken, but my car ended up not getting washed.

Yesterday, I wanted to ride my bike into town to look for some jobs since the weather has started cooling off a bit. But I walked into the garage to see that the bike tire was flat, so I drove my filthy car to a couple of stores, which was kind of a waste of time anyway because they told me I need to apply online. But, when I tried to open the application on the site one of the store managers told me to go to, I couldn’t, because apparently I have to have some kind of account to log in with and apply. So I put in my name, email, and created a password like it told me to, but when I pushed “Register”, a box popped up saying the action could not be completed because a valid record already existed under my information, which had to be bullshit because I’d never registered on that site before. Whatever. I shouldn’t have to create a stupid account just to fill out a measly application, so I’ll just apply somewhere else.

Of course, it’s all a matter of determining how to eliminate those obstacles so that the task gets done. I might try using a different form of payment at the car wash, and as of now my flat bike tire has been fixed.

While we’re on the subject, I’ve been wanting to post a thread with photos of my drawings in the “Express Yourself” forum but am having technical difficulties because it says my picture files are too large. I don’t have a separate site or anything from which to link my photos to. I asked one of the moderators who suggested I try using the img coding, but that didn’t work either unless I’m not doing it right. Does anyone else have trouble or know how to post pictures here?

lol you have my same luck XD

As for the pictures you could try resizing them. That would reduce the file size too. Another possibility is uploading them on another, ad hoc, website.

P.S.: if you have any other extension, consider converting them to jpg. It occupies the least size. Any image/photo editing software should be able to do that easily.

P.P.S:I personally use Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/index.html) on windows and Pinta on ubuntu (I'm sure with gimp is possible too).

If it were me then I would have just created a new email account for the application.

Oh wow, that's the story of my life! Starting something and running into little glitches. Keep at it EU, don't get into a pattern of letting tasks go unfinished, stay focused on the topic and keep your agenda under control. Then reward yourself in some way when a project gets done.

EU, if you ever go to change your oil and the drain plug is tight, you can always "double wrench" it. You place the box end of one wrench on the drain plug and take another wrench and hook the open end and the closed ends together (you can youtube it). It will give you much more leverage and torque and I've loosened them that way in the past.

Also, you can put the wrench on the plug and you can use a hammer to tap on the far end of the wrench and knock it counter clockwise. Just make sure you are going in the right direction and not tighten it by mistake. I've done this before, as well. Hope this helps.

I hope you can post your pictures, as some of us enjoy looking at people's pics...where are you Triple Bogey?? Take care, EU.

Wayfarer said:
lol you have my same luck XD

As for the pictures you could try resizing them. That would reduce the file size too. Another possibility is uploading them on another, ad hoc, website.

P.S.: if you have any other extension, consider converting them to jpg. It occupies the least size. Any image/photo editing software should be able to do that easily.

P.P.S:I personally use Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/index.html) on windows and Pinta on ubuntu (I'm sure with gimp is possible too).

Thanks for the help. I'll keep working on it.

constant stranger said:
Oh wow, that's the story of my life! Starting something and running into little glitches. Keep at it EU, don't get into a pattern of letting tasks go unfinished, stay focused on the topic and keep your agenda under control. Then reward yourself in some way when a project gets done.

That's a good idea, motivating yourself to get something done by rewarding yourself somehow.

beautiful loser said:
EU, if you ever go to change your oil and the drain plug is tight, you can always "double wrench" it. You place the box end of one wrench on the drain plug and take another wrench and hook the open end and the closed ends together (you can youtube it). It will give you much more leverage and torque and I've loosened them that way in the past.

Also, you can put the wrench on the plug and you can use a hammer to tap on the far end of the wrench and knock it counter clockwise. Just make sure you are going in the right direction and not tighten it by mistake. I've done this before, as well. Hope this helps.

I hope you can post your pictures, as some of us enjoy looking at people's pics...

Thanks for that oil changing tip. And hopefully you'll see some pictures here soon.

Latest posts

Back