Self acceptance?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jently

I have just watched this and would love to hear others' views, if you have an hour to watch.

Do you feel that you trust yourself and therefore life, or does your loneliness stem from a lack of that sense and ability?

Jently said:
I have just watched this and would love to hear others' views, if you have an hour to watch.

Do you feel that you trust yourself and therefore life, or does your loneliness stem from a lack of that sense and ability?

Do I even trust myself.. I think I do. I don't really care about myself enough. Oh wait I did learn to love myself and gain much more confidence, so I do. Although, at the same time, I love people but also don't trust them. So you don't need to trust someone to love them. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe when it comes to a relationship you can't have one without the other.

What does my loneliness stem from.. which by the way, I need to clear this out of the way, I in no way am saying that someone would care about my loneliness. But I just want to ramble, sorry.

I think mine stems from.. well, it's not that I might not trust myself or life. I guess I just don't expect anything from it. The only thing there is to have, is hope. But even then..

Thanks for taking the time to watch and reply Droopy.

Interesting that you wrote that you don't feel you need to trust people to love them, as I recently read that it's not possible to love without trust and when I read it, it struck a chord with me (Loudly) so I would say that I disagree.

At the end of the day, i'm starting to believe, loneliness is caused by that innate lack of trust and our building walls to protect our vulnerable selves.

When I look around at those people who are surrounded by loving families and friends they are deffo not as remote and don't have high brick walls built around them to 'protect' them from perceived hurt.

So what i'm saying, I guess, is that loneliness IS self inflicted for various reasons of personal painful experience. Just my opinion and i'm sure others will disagree.

All the best to you

Jently said:
Thanks for taking the time to watch and reply Droopy.

Interesting that you wrote that you don't feel you need to trust people to love them, as I recently read that it's not possible to love without trust and when I read it, it struck a chord with me (Loudly) so I would say that I disagree.

At the end of the day, i'm starting to believe, loneliness is caused by that innate lack of trust and our building walls to protect our vulnerable selves.

When I look around at those people who are surrounded by loving families and friends they are deffo not as remote and don't have high brick walls built around them to 'protect' them from perceived hurt.

So what i'm saying, I guess, is that loneliness IS self inflicted for various reasons of personal painful experience. Just my opinion and i'm sure others will disagree.

All the best to you

Oh yeah, no doubt it is self inflicted.

I like to believe I've never met anyone as cunning as me, but no matter how smart you are, depression and loneliness are always able to influence you. They are basically chemicals. Although I am spiritual so I don't like to say anything is just a chemical, but you know what I mean.

It is very self inflicted. Because we all know that the right thing to do is to get up again, but we lose hope and the will to do it.

Latest posts

Back