Hello people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouncer

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a 33 year old female, I have had friends and am naturally social but a few close friendships fizzled out in the last few years which had been important to me, I got made redundant losing a close group of colleagues a couple of years later, making me feel lonelier than ever.

I've found it hard to meet people my age looking for new friendships, plus in my old job I worked in the evenings hence no time for meetups etc. I miss having mates and a social life, a close friend I can share secrets and stupid jokes with.

I have more of a hit rate with men as I can talk to them easily...but this hasn't worked out well as people think you want to be more than friends...a few years ago I would have been flattered but when you are desperate for friends it makes you feel so sad instead.

I have a new job I really enjoy most of the time, and time in the evening for meetups, I went to one last week which wasn't too painful.

I think the outside world would be surprised because I hide it on the surface, it feels really good to come on here and get it all out.

Hi there. I'm pretty new here as well, so not too sure I could really welcome you. I am the same age as you though, and also trying to make new friends. I don't mind chatting if you would like to, so you can send me a PM or any other sort of message since I have a couple ways to contact me in my profile. I'm not looking for anything other than a friendship, so don't worry about that. I just figured I'm make you an offer to chat if you were interested.

Latest posts

Back