Great... happened again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MentatsGhoul

Reaction score
So, new set of flatmates/roommates again this year. Seemed.... well, nice. Not exactly "best friend" material, I did struggle to try and relate to their talk of getting laid and whatnot, but, no awkward silences, made a few jokes that made everyone else laugh. Was chill, definitely a group I would feel quite comfortable hanging out and having a few drinks and a decent time with. 

Well, that's what I thought. After spending much of the day alone... heard music from the kitchen. They were having a party. Without me. Bunch of people over, but didn't even bother to knock on my door, or tell me when I was in the kitchen, nothing. Exactly like last year and the year before. I really don't get it at this point. It's like every group I'm with just excludes me for no apparent reason.

Nip it in the bud this time. Ask them why. Put it in their lap now so you don't have to keep on wondering why you were not asked to join. I'd rather know why instead of coming up with reasons why I wasn't invited. Have them explain themselves.

Are you sure that they purposely excluded you? My flatmates and I often have people over and do our own thing. Could it just be that they didn't think to let you know or just thought you'd join them of your own accord if you wanted to?

Paraiyar said:
Are you sure that they purposely excluded you? My flatmates and I often have people over and do our own thing. Could it just be that they didn't think to let you know or just thought you'd join them of your own accord if you wanted to?

That's kind of what I was saying. Find out why.

Sounds like a group of people who already know each other, inviting other friends over.

ardour said:
Sounds like a group of people who already know each other, inviting other friends over.

Yeah, when this happens in my flat I look at it as an opportunity to meet new people.

I think I've managed to get back into their good graces, we've hung out a few times since. This thread can be ignored.

Latest posts

Back