hi. im new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ashes2ashes417

hello. im new here also. and it seems like i did what many other people did, i typed in lonely at college and this is where i ended up.
theres been a lot of stuff that has happened that made me join this site. it all started in late july, and then again in mid september. i lost two close friends to horrible accidents, and i was actually there when one of them died. that has caused me to sink into a depression for the past 6 months, along with dealing with the effects of ptsd.
then i started my first year at college, and it hasnt been going that well. i only have a few friends here, and when im with them i always feel like im bringing them down too. so more often than not im eating dinner alone, and usually in my room.
i dont know what to do. i went to a conselor on campus for a while but stopped because i always felt a lot worse afterwards. my friends from high school arent a big help because they dont know what im going through. only one does, but its too emotional to talk sometimes.
they say time heals all wounds, but i dont know if i can physically/mentally/emotionally make it much longer. im not talking about suicide. just that im so exhausted from the stress of this mixed with school.
i decided to join because it could possibly help me. its so much different talking to people who empathize with you, and talking to people who have gone through something similar. so please, if someone has anything helpful to say i would really appreciate it. and if i can, i will try to help you too.
thank you. ashes2ashes417

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry about the tragic loss of your friends. I hope you were able to pay your respects to them. I understand how it feels to not have anyone to confide in. The sad thing for me is that some of my friends from the past would have understood what I go through if I hadn't underestimated them, so try to put trust in your friends when you can because that's what makes them your friends. You shouldn't feel like you're bringing your friends from college down because that's a form of self-defeating attitude and they probably feel awkward from you being so worried. I know it's not easy to do but be yourself and trust in yourself. Not everything one does in their past will be their fault and everyone's been through something rough one way or another. True friends will accept you for you.

ashes2ashes417 said:
hello. im new here also. and it seems like i did what many other people did, i typed in lonely at college and this is where i ended up.
theres been a lot of stuff that has happened that made me join this site. it all started in late july, and then again in mid september. i lost two close friends to horrible accidents, and i was actually there when one of them died. that has caused me to sink into a depression for the past 6 months, along with dealing with the effects of ptsd.
then i started my first year at college, and it hasnt been going that well. i only have a few friends here, and when im with them i always feel like im bringing them down too. so more often than not im eating dinner alone, and usually in my room.
i dont know what to do. i went to a conselor on campus for a while but stopped because i always felt a lot worse afterwards. my friends from high school arent a big help because they dont know what im going through. only one does, but its too emotional to talk sometimes.
they say time heals all wounds, but i dont know if i can physically/mentally/emotionally make it much longer. im not talking about suicide. just that im so exhausted from the stress of this mixed with school.
i decided to join because it could possibly help me. its so much different talking to people who empathize with you, and talking to people who have gone through something similar. so please, if someone has anything helpful to say i would really appreciate it. and if i can, i will try to help you too.
thank you. ashes2ashes417

Hey, Ashes2Ashes, I know how you feel because I've had the similar development of things which led me to this point where I'm know. As for depression and everything, I would advise you to seek some professional help, because there is nothing in the world like a person who will listen to you and help you to bring yourself back on the right path. That means a lot! Or try finding a support group somewhere near you.
As for "old" friends, that's the tricky one, I've had the same story here....I agree with Joeynicdao that you shouldn't push your old friends away because it's pushing them away that breaks the friednship and not their not-understanding you. But I also know how it feels to have a broken soul and feel like they don't understand you...because they laugh and joke and all you want to do is cry....So that's why you should find a therapist or someone like that...And then try to open yourself up to your old friends also....And some of them may not understand but at least you'll find out which friends are worth keeping.

Latest posts

Back