Anyone here asexual?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
This guy is persuasive. 

http://www.asexualityarchive.com

I am about 85% what this guy talks about. And I think it could be a good reference for people who are just alone. But for me I do have sexual desire but I mean I find it has to be really good for me to be interested and most times it isn't. Reading his list I kind of feel like maybe he just never met the right person... but well...   that is increasingly hard to find. 

Oh and in general I hate the way everyone has to be classified into a group. Can't we all just have different needs and that is accepted as normal? 

But I post it because it is an interesting read and i thought it could help some people.

I thought I might be asexual for a while, but no. I'm heterosexual, just really particular about who I like. I never wanted to be like the people who were vulgar and obnoxious about sex, I felt they were in poor taste. But I do desire it after all. I just feel similar to what you were saying - I have to be really attracted to have any interest, and that has been really hard to find.

While I have no official diagnosis at hand, I do place myself in that box. It is the most accurate descriptor I could find for my mindset.

Regarding your question: No, we can't have different needs and be accepted as normal since this would violate the definition of normalcy. That's just the way it is. You can call it natural if you want, since there are mutations/variations in nature. Even if they are more rare than the average. Quite strange how many new boxes we've come up with in the sexual realm even though everyone really seems to dislike boxes.

Not me, but I am curious as to what it would be like to go through life with little-to-no attraction towards anyone. There would be downsides, a stigma attached to lifelong celibacy, but it also seems like a could be quite a a few positives to being free of that sort of attachment.

I was for a brief period, but then it became too mainstream. I now identify as trans-handsome.

LonelySutton said:
This guy is persuasive. 

http://www.asexualityarchive.com

I am about 85% what this guy talks about. And I think it could be a good reference for people who are just alone. But for me I do have sexual desire but I mean I find it has to be really good for me to be interested and most times it isn't. Reading his list I kind of feel like maybe he just never met the right person... but well...   that is increasingly hard to find. 

Oh and in general I hate the way everyone has to be classified into a group. Can't we all just have different needs and that is accepted as normal? 

But I post it because it is an interesting read and i thought it could help some people.

Yes, I am asexual.

I am intensely (hetero)sexual, but I wish I were asexual ... I'd get a lot more done with a lot fewer distractions :(

Latest posts

Back