Its my birthday!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
  1.  Went to the store this weekend to get my 1/2 cake. The girl taking the groceries out the car goes.. are you having a party this weekend? I forgot and say, no. And she goes,  oh just eating that cake all by yourself huh? ** smile and laugh because she thought it was a too funny joke** followed by ** slow dawning realization ***that I am. 
  2. I have had so many greetings and well wishes. So far I have gotten e-mails from: Walmart; Sears; I-Party; my vet clinic; and my honda dealer, because you know when you think of having a kick ass birthday you think of warm wishes from "I party" I can't wait to tomorrow as I can expect to get e-mails from every business and website I have visited over the last 10 years. 
  3. Last but not least as a special treat I received  a tersely worded letter today from my doctor, reminding me, or lecturing me that I am due for various and sundry invasive tests that not only will require me to have something stuck up someplace that really shouldn't be but also, will require to grovel to one person in the world to take me to the test OR pay a stranger to do so. 
BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!  So much to look forward too. 

** sarcasm **

Today, for realsies? I don't see your name under "Today's Birthdays" - why are you hiding it?

Happy Birthday, Lonely Sutton! :)

I'm sorry to hear that, and I know it doesn't really mean anything coming from someone random on the internet, but happy birthday! Hope next one goes better, and try to remember that at the end of the day, it's just a day like any other. A good day is a good day, a bad day is a bad day, whether we've given it some kind of arbitrary special meaning or not. So hopefully, you'll get a few really nice days soon to balance it out

LonelySutton said:
  1.  Went to the store this weekend to get my 1/2 cake. The girl taking the groceries out the car goes.. are you having a party this weekend? I forgot and say, no. And she goes,  oh just eating that cake all by yourself huh? ** smile and laugh because she thought it was a too funny joke** followed by ** slow dawning realization ***that I am. 
  2. I have had so many greetings and well wishes. So far I have gotten e-mails from: Walmart; Sears; I-Party; my vet clinic; and my honda dealer, because you know when you think of having a kick ass birthday you think of warm wishes from "I party" I can't wait to tomorrow as I can expect to get e-mails from every business and website I have visited over the last 10 years. 
  3. Last but not least as a special treat I received  a tersely worded letter today from my doctor, reminding me, or lecturing me that I am due for various and sundry invasive tests that not only will require me to have something stuck up someplace that really shouldn't be but also, will require to grovel to one person in the world to take me to the test OR pay a stranger to do so. 

** sarcasm **
Happy Birthday

well if you lived here you could add a bill for about $300 for licence plate renewal .... mine has already came ...government wishes it over 2 months early

Happy birthday !!

LonelySutton said:

** sarcasm **

Happy birthday anyway. I can understand your frustration. My birthday was in July and while mine was not like yours I still didn't have a good time.

I didn't even bother buying me a half of a cake. I didn't buy anything. I did get greeting cards from my family but nothing from Walmart or any other place of business and that was fine by me because I never get anything from them in the first place. Can't you unsubscribe from their mailing list?

I did hear something from my doctor in July. He told me that I will need surgery on both hands and probably in the elbow area also. This didn't happen on my birthday though. It was about a week before it.

Best birthday ever for me? Well no, but it could have been a whole lot worse and that's how I want to look at it.

It might not mean much coming from a stranger, but happy birthday. Hopefully next year will be better. You never know what might happen in a year, after all.

Happy Birthday, Lonely Sutton. I'm sorry that it isn't a good one for you and wish that a group of us from ALL could be there to celebrate with you in person and I would certainly help you eat your cake:) It is my birthday soon and I will be buying myself a cake too.

Birthdays are a problem for me too, being born on christmas day it's always a big family event, and noone seems to get that i don't want to celebrate the fact that i'm still alone.

Just do something you like doing, whatever it is, do it for yourself and be unashamed about it!

Hope you'll have a happy birthday

Hi:
Thanks the well wishes. But I was trying to be funny more than sad.

I want you all to know that I had a banner b-day. I received:

- 4 e-mails from dentists I haven't used in years.
- 3 e-mails from retailers
- 4 e-mails from on line retailers
- 3 e-mails from random message boards or apps. 
and
-1/2 my Facebook feed wished me a happy birthday. Alas, I only have 30 people on that. 

Capping off the night I plan to post some sort of Meme to make those who didn't post feel bad. :)

Latest posts

Back