My life's a mess right now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAnxiousPain

Reaction score
I sent a message expressing myself to a family member. It was not nasty, it was not disrespectful, but it was just expressing how I want more respect and trying to explain that I'm tired of feeling like a kid to everyone when im an adult. It was kind of random. But I been wanting to send the message because every time I talk to one of them, I crawl back into the kid stage and never feel I have a voice. So instead. I sent out a text just stating that I love everyone and wish the best for them all. But I needed to get this off my chest. They make me feel like I owe them something and make me feel like a kid. I changed my number and haven't heard that their response obviously. I'm just feeling very anxious. I know everyone will call me crazy and if my mom find out she will say I was wrong and take their side. But I didn't say nothing wrong but just expressing myself. I'm really anxious! Should I stand by what I said and continue to seek God for the rest.

I am working, and saving up and is 2 weeks away from finishing my nursing course and will have a job opportunity in NYC asap. I want to just focus on that but I'm scared of what's coming.

Uhm you have every right to say what you think. Also as you said yourself, the message was not nasty nor disrespectful so no problem. I do think you shouldn't have changed phone number though.

I know how you feel and it's not easy to voice this, especially towards a family member and especially if they don't care. However by talking or anyway trying to communicate the problem, you are making them aware of the problem, if they aren't already.

What will happen now depends on them. You've done your part and told them in a civilized way.
Let us know how the situation evolves. Good luck

My family thinks I'm gay because I don't have a boyfriend and never have. I just found that out. So I tried to prove myself by sending my sister a text message telling her she's going to hate me when I start living my life and have a boyfriend. I feel like that made me seem guilty. Now the whole family think it. But im not. This is bugging me out. Thinking on a way to put an end to me.

TheAnxiousPain said:
My family thinks I'm gay because I don't have a boyfriend and never have. I just found that out. So I tried to prove myself by sending my sister a text message telling her she's going to hate me when I start living my life and have a boyfriend. I feel like that made me seem guilty.  Now the whole family think it. But im not. This is bugging me out. Thinking on a way to put an end to me.
Oh I see, my family used to think the same (Not sure about now). Just let it go and don't let it bother you. Just tell them that you're not and stop worrying about it. ;)

Wayfarer said:
TheAnxiousPain said:
My family thinks I'm gay because I don't have a boyfriend and never have. I just found that out. So I tried to prove myself by sending my sister a text message telling her she's going to hate me when I start living my life and have a boyfriend. I feel like that made me seem guilty.  Now the whole family think it. But im not. This is bugging me out. Thinking on a way to put an end to me.
Oh I see, my family used to think the same (Not sure about now). Just let it go and don't let it bother you. Just tell them that you're not and stop worrying about it. ;)

I guess you're right! thank you.

UPDATE: So after sending that message to my cousin, she went and got the whole family involved. After texting back and forth with my sister, it started as a group message. So now, I am realizing that they all still view me as a child. I hinted that I am dating a guy (although I'm not at the moment) and my brother asked me "who do you think you are". I remember when you were a tomboy, I remember when you were "blah blah Blah......... and more blah". He also said that I'm changing and want to be like everyone else. He also said that I'm weak and that he used to be able to say anything he want to me, and now all of a sudden I want to have some "balls". So in this group message, my sister, 2 cousins, and mom saw this and didn't back me up. But they started the message trying to be nice and act supportive. When my brother said it, it made me feel small... it made me feel unworthy. & The things that I sent to my cousin in that text message stating what I didn't like... he was confirming that he felt that way. & the fact that everyone stop texting and caring confirms they all feel the same way. I didn't say nothing and crawled back into that shell, and like always my brother won and I didn't stand up for myself and he will always feel he can do this. When he's mad he's very aggressive and likes to bring up the fact that my DAD neglected me and wasn't in my life, and rub everything he did for thm.

Now, I'm back down again. These past few days, I was practicing good thoughts. I was confident, I started buying clothes online.... I got my hair done and everything.

Now after this morning after receiving these texts... I'm back down. I let my sister wheel herself in by allowing my mom to give her my number thinking she would be concerned.

Now I'm down again. I'm weak.

TheAnxiousPain said:
UPDATE: So after sending that message to my cousin, she went and got the whole family involved. After texting back and forth with my sister, it started as a group message. So now, I am realizing that they all still view me as a child. I hinted that I am dating a guy (although I'm not at the moment) and my brother asked me "who do you think you are". I remember when you were a tomboy, I remember when you were "blah blah Blah......... and more blah". He also said that I'm changing and want to be like everyone else. He also said that I'm weak and that he used to be able to say anything he want to me, and now all of a sudden I want to have some "balls". So in this group message, my sister, 2 cousins, and mom saw this and didn't back me up. But they started the message trying to be nice and act supportive. When my brother said it, it made me feel small... it made me feel unworthy. & The things that I sent to my cousin in that text message stating what I didn't like... he was confirming that he felt that way. & the fact that everyone stop texting and caring confirms they all feel the same way. I didn't say nothing and crawled back into that shell, and like always my brother won and I didn't stand up for myself and he will always feel he can do this. When he's mad he's very aggressive and likes to bring up the fact that my DAD neglected me and wasn't in my life, and rub everything he did for thm.

Now, I'm back down again. These past few days, I was practicing good thoughts. I was confident, I started buying clothes online.... I got my hair done and everything.

Now after this morning after receiving these texts... I'm back down. I let my sister wheel herself in by allowing my mom to give her my number thinking she would be concerned.

Now I'm down again. I'm weak.

That's too bad all this happened. He was very mean. However if you can't show him (or them) with words, show it with actions.. so try not to feel down and persist with the good thoughts. It's good in any case. Hope things get better.

Latest posts

Back