Always feeling nervous in a relationship HELP PLEASE

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry94

Reaction score
Hey everyone so ever since I had my first relationship or got close to a girl I always felt nervous. In fact my last relationship ended because I struggle to eat when I'm with someone. Like I just can't eat and my ex wanted to go out and eat and I could never do it. I always struggle to eat and sleep when in a relationship and I want advice on how to stop because it's getting out of hand. I'm currently seeing this girl, there is a strong chance we might get together and I don't want to ruin things again with her, I thought this time it will be different because out of every girl I've seen she is the only one who is really into me like she always talks about me to my friends and flirts with me a lot and I don't want to get with her and let her down because of my nervousness. Thanks everyone.

Is there anything in specific that makes you nervous about eating with or in front of them? Maybe it makes you feel like you'll spill something on yourself? Or did you ever have a bad experience while eating with someone that could possibly make you feel that way?

VanillaCreme said:
Is there anything in specific that makes you nervous about eating with or in front of them? Maybe it makes you feel like you'll spill something on yourself? Or did you ever have a bad experience while eating with someone that could possibly make you feel that way?

No. I've never had a bad experience and there is no reason why I should feel this way. I have mild autism so I'm not sure whether that is a reason why. I just constantly feel nervous and always have that sickning feeling in your stomach.

Terry94 said:
VanillaCreme said:

No. I've never had a bad experience and there is no reason why I should feel this way. I have mild autism so I'm not sure whether that is a reason why. I just constantly feel nervous and always have that sickning feeling in your stomach.

That might be a reason why. But don't allow it to be an excuse as to why you can't overcome this. Next time you eat with someone, try to relax the best you can. Eventually the nerves will fade away when eating with or around people.

VanillaCreme said:
Terry94 said:
VanillaCreme said:

That might be a reason why. But don't allow it to be an excuse as to why you can't overcome this. Next time you eat with someone, try to relax the best you can. Eventually the nerves will fade away when eating with or around people.

Well. It's not even just with people it's when I'm at home as well. If I'm talking or in a relationship I just can't eat whether that is alone or with them. For instance I'm home alone and I can't eat. Another thing is I can't stop thinking about her either what is annoying.

Terry94 said:
Well. It's not even just with people it's when I'm at home as well. If I'm talking or in a relationship I just can't eat whether that is alone or with them. For instance I'm home alone and I can't eat. Another thing is I can't stop thinking about her either what is annoying.

The thinking about her often comes with liking someone in general. It's pretty common, and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not quite sure what it is, though, that makes you uncomfortable enough that you can't eat, even when you are alone. That's mighty strange to me. Perhaps it's some sort of condition? Have you researched it?

If you already know she's into you then wait for the chance to kiss her and initiate it. If you know that they like you then that move rarely ends badly in my experience.

VanillaCreme said:
Terry94 said:

The thinking about her often comes with liking someone in general. It's pretty common, and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not quite sure what it is, though, that makes you uncomfortable enough that you can't eat, even when you are alone. That's mighty strange to me. Perhaps it's some sort of condition? Have you researched it?

I have but can't find anything other than anxiety links. I do think I have anxiety but have not been tested. I'm just going to try relax and feel confident. One difference this time round is I have friends so if it turns to crap I'll have people to cheer me up :)

Paraiyar said:
If you already know she's into you then wait for the chance to kiss her and initiate it. If you know that they like you then that move rarely ends badly in my experience.

I am this Sunday we are going out with work friends I'm going to say to her something like "let me show you that I like you" something like that than kiss her.

Hey guys so bit of an update on this. A work friend told me that this girl was talking about me all day at work and must fancy me really bad, I thought she did, thing is I got my friend to tell her I liked her as they were at work together and I'm off until next week and my mate said she didn't really react or have a response. How should I take this? Could she of just been playing me?

There could be any reason for this. But if she's just playing you then it's weird that she was talking about you all day when you weren't there.

This can't be that uncommon. I'm the same, just hate eating in front of people. Never really understood how people can be comfortable stuffing food into their faces in front of someone they're attracted to. Couldn't enjoy a meal because of that anxiety over how I would look while eating. It's for that reason I'd want to avoid dinner dates.

She probably acted weird because having your friend tell a girl that you like her is grade school behavior.

Terry94 said:
Hey guys so bit of an update on this. A work friend told me that this girl was talking about me all day at work and must fancy me really bad, I thought she did, thing is I got my friend to tell her I liked her as they were at work together and I'm off until next week and my mate said she didn't really react or have a response. How should I take this? Could she of just been playing me?

You're looking too much into this.

I wouldn't react either. Maybe she's not certain if you are interested in her (because she didn't hear it from YOU) and she would be embarrassed to show a reaction to another colleague. I had a colleague that I thought maybe he liked me...(he went out of the way for me at times)...but sometimes he played it cool. Either way, I didn't know and if he was dropping hints - he lost his chance because I was never certain of his feelings for me.

Stop dropping hints, analyzing it, and just ask her out. If you didn't mean anything to her she wouldn't be yapping about you all day.

Latest posts

Back