Move your a$$ ! ... to another place

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Somnambulist

I'm writing this to all of you who have stagnated in the same place (state, province, country, or continent) for years, without any change. Moving can breathe new life into your life ! So, please consider it ! Stagnation can bring loneliness, which is the reason we're all here on this website. And, we all know that loneliness kills.

Moving can be like starting with a fresh slate. People don't know you. Get out there, introduce yourself, and meet people ! Think about what activities interest you - seeing architecture, history, wilderness, beer/wine tasting, festivals, whatever.

I moved from a third world Asian country to the US of A when I was 17, and I feel very fortunate for having the chance to do that at such a tender age. And boy, did it open my eyes and teach me about the world ! I've now lived in Santa Barbara, California for seven years, and I'm ready for a move (wish I could ... no money, though).

Sometimes, a certain place can be a tomb for some of us, if we don't acclimate or adapt to the local culture. I know that I'd move in a heartbeat if I could. Santa Barbara, though beautiful, lacks soul ... it is cold, superficial, and heartless. My favorite cities are Portland (Oregon), Seattle, and Toronto. Any place in Germany will do as well !

Just think - what are some new places in the (country, continent, world) you would find interesting, exciting, and where you could meet new people ? Learn a new language, a new culture, have a new lifestyle.

This is your life we're talking about ... why does it have to continue where you currently are ? You need to get busy living or get busy dying ... so, if you're lonely and moving is a practical option for you, please consider it !

Wish I could afford to do that. But there are several reasons why I can't. It would surely be nice.

Not everyone on the site is lonely. Also, there are many reason people can be lonely. And even if you move, your problems will go with you. Moving might be good for some people and I'm very happy it worked out for you, but it won't work for everyone.

There is a saying in Hebrew that says just that.
Change your location and change your luck

TheRealCallie said:
Not everyone on the site is lonely.  Also, there are many reason people can be lonely.  And even if you move, your problems will go with you.  Moving might be good for some people and I'm very happy it worked out for you, but it won't work for everyone.

Interesting. I assumed that everyone here is lonely, because of the name of the site :D

True, moving may not be the answer for everyone. Hence, I used the words "can" and "can be" in my post.

BTW, moving, in the past, did NOT help with my loneliness. But, I know that if I were to move today, it would.

And, I LOVE your signature ! :)

Wayfarer said:
Wish I could afford to do that. But there are several reasons why I can't. It would surely be nice.

Thanks !

Restless soul said:
There is a saying in Hebrew that says just that.
Change your location and change your luck

That's cool ! Makes perfect sense.

Latest posts

Back