That feeling of disappointment

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paraiyar

Don't you just hate it when you start to develop an attraction for someone only to find out they aren't avaliable? Just happened for me with a girl whose my recruitment agent. There was probably no chance of anything anyway but she's a smart and attractive girl and she has that ability of making you feel at ease with her right away.

It would have been the icing on the cake of the last 3-4 months of self-transformation if I'd got a date with her or something. But you can't always have what you want.

Anyway, not sure why I'm posting this, it just helps to be able to vent minor disappointment I guess.

Aw I'm sorry it ended up going that way :\ I hope next time you'll be more lucky.

Personally I always assume the girl already has someone, unless otherwise proven.. but it's also true that I haven't been trying at all in all these years... so probably bad advice.

Wayfarer said:
Personally I always assume the girl already has someone, unless otherwise proven

^ Exactly this !

I know this may sound retarded, but after countless rejections and disappointments like yours, I've learned to look at life this way:

They say doors close so others can open.

The universe didn't want you with that girl. You've got someone better (for you) waiting for you.

I think that what happens when we are intensely focused on one person (like your agent) is that we lose the bigger picture, and so that makes that feeling of disappointment all the more intense. We get zoomed in too much.

We need to zoom out and see that there are plenty of fish in the ocean. Think about all the cuties at your local Starbucks, for starters. They're mostly all about your age - 20s !

Paraiyar said:
Anyway, not sure why I'm posting this, it just helps to be able to vent minor disappointment I guess.

Yes it does. Don't be like me and keep it in.

Somnambulist said:

Personally I would like to have the key to unlock just one of those doors.

I fell in love with a guy from another country and three months later when I was getting all my documents and honeysuckle ready to go see him, he told me he was married. It was not a minor disappointment, but I like to vent about it too. Actually first time I told this to anyone.

What to do in that situation, though? I can't be mean to the dude, or hate him and stuff... just letting things go, I guess. Or being a naive idiot, idk.

DarkSelene said:
I fell in love with a guy from another country and three months later when I was getting all my documents and honeysuckle ready to go see him, he told me he was married.

What to do in that situation, though? I can't be mean to the dude, or hate him and stuff... just letting things go, I guess. Or being a naive idiot, idk.

Never try, never know. No risk, no reward.

So, tell you what, I have plenty of admiration for your courage to make the decision to go see him. That takes guts ... guts that most people don't have. In a similar situation, I'd do the same, in a heartbeat.

And no, you weren't an idiot. Naive ? Arguably, but not necessarily. The harsh truth is that people worth their weight in gold always find themselves victims of those who aren't worth their weight in honeysuckle.

The guy is just a pile of honeysuckle ... soulless, gutless, worthless, in my opinion.

Somnambulist said:
DarkSelene said:
I fell in love with a guy from another country and three months later when I was getting all my documents and honeysuckle ready to go see him, he told me he was married.

Never try, never know. No risk, no reward.

So, tell you what, I have plenty of admiration for your courage to make the decision to go see him. That takes guts ... guts that most people don't have. In a similar situation, I'd do the same, in a heartbeat.

And no, you weren't an idiot. Naive ? Arguably, but not necessarily. The harsh truth is that people worth their weight in gold always find themselves victims of those who aren't worth their weight in honeysuckle.

The guy is just a pile of honeysuckle ... soulless, gutless, worthless, in my opinion.

He says he is very much in love with me and all of that... that he didn't say anything because his marriage is not the reality he wanted, but our relationship was. I felt like a character in his fantasy world (I even joked I was in imaginationland hahaha), but that just made me feel like I can't be real though... like all my life is online, my relationships always long distance, my actual real life is just boring and empty. Idk, maybe a sign for me to stop being a dick to everyone around me and let someone in, other than strangers in other parts of the world.

I swear I saw her today walking a husky (I know she does have a dog she likes walking). Next time I speak to her on the phone I'll ask if she owns one.

Paraiyar said:
I swear I saw her today walking a husky (I know she does have a dog she likes walking). Next time I speak to her on the phone I'll ask if she owns one.

Won't that sound a bit stalkish?

DarkSelene said:
Paraiyar said:

Won't that sound a bit stalkish?

Not if it's due to the fact I randomly saw her in the street.

Somnambulist said:
Wayfarer said:
Personally I always assume the girl already has someone, unless otherwise proven

^ Exactly this !

I know this may sound retarded, but after countless rejections and disappointments like yours, I've learned to look at life this way:

The universe didn't want you with that girl. You've got someone better (for you) waiting for you.

I think that what happens when we are intensely focused on one person (like your agent) is that we lose the bigger picture, and so that makes that feeling of disappointment all the more intense. We get zoomed in too much.

We need to zoom out and see that there are plenty of fish in the ocean. Think about all the cuties at your local Starbucks, for starters. They're mostly all about your age - 20s !

I would assume the opposite.....and..like you said some doors are closed..others open..AND the closed ones....can be opened eventually too!

Latest posts

Back