Suck at texting so I say I'm too busy to text when I'm not actually busy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry94

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm a horrible texter. I dont know what to say when texting I worry too much and over think things. When I get a message from someone with nothing to reply too I worry instead of just leaving it, what to do?

Terry94 said:
As the title says, I'm a horrible texter. I dont know what to say when texting I worry too much and over think things. When I get a message from someone with nothing to reply too I worry instead of just leaving it, what to do?

Stay true to yourself, if you don't know what to say, say that you don't know how to react to that, it's always better to say something even if your actually saying nothing at all, but the person won't feel ignored.

If the subject matter is complicated in any way, reply that you need some time to think about it, to formulate your answer, and you'll get back to them.

And if someone can't respect or accept that, that's something for them to deal with.

MisterLonely said:
Terry94 said:

Stay true to yourself, if you don't know what to say, say that you don't know how to react to that, it's always better to say something even if your actually saying nothing at all, but the person won't feel ignored.

If the subject matter is complicated in any way, reply that you need some time to think about it, to formulate your answer, and you'll get back to them.

And if someone can't respect or accept that, that's something for them to deal with.

This is actually great advice. 

I also overthink things too much, but try to be natural. If there's nothing to talk about and you want to keep talking to that person, think about a subject it might interest you both in having a deeper conversation.

I used to go through my thoughts and then drop them one and one as trivial or boring to the other person, in the end there was nothing to talk about. Being more easy on that process would lower tension of thoughts and wouldn't block the initiation of a new topic when you are texting/talking. Sometimes what we may think as trivial or boring to talk, may lead to long fun conversation or a seemingly unimportant matter may lead to a deep conversation about what surrounds it.

The more you talk to someone, the more you get to know them which consequently helps you communicating with them.

Latest posts

Back