Bubblebeam is someone special

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Somnambulist

I've now spent about a week on this forum, and I have met quite a few interesting and special people. I want to point out one in particular, for everyone's benefit, so that you may have the privilege of knowing her too !

She has not only demonstrated, time and time again, that she is compassionate and sensitive to others' feelings, but also has the courage to speak up in support of a very unpopular viewpoint (mine) on one of my threads, because she knows it's the right thing to do. Let me tell you, I've been in this world 33 years, and I can't remember the last person who stood up for me (or anyone else) against 100 other people on the other side of a debate. That alone says more about her than I ever could.

Bubblebeam, thank you for gracing this forum, for enhancing my experience here, and for making this world a better place just by being in it !

Aw man, I'm blushing over here! 
Oogle_anim.gif
 Thank you Somnam, I really appreciate the gesture. 
icon_giggle.gif

I've probably gone into a lot of peoples' ignore/dislike book now, but I know how it is to feel alone on those kinds of things we feel but can't help.

Bubblebeam said:
I've probably gone into a lot of peoples' ignore/dislike book now, but I know how it is to feel alone on those kinds of things we feel but can't help.

If that is the case, those are probably people you don't want to know anyway :)

Because, none of this is ever meant to be an ego battle. Those who see it as nothing but an ego game are probably not people you want around you.

In any case, no, I don't think anyone feels that strongly about what you said. I'm sure you'll hear from all of them again :D

If it wasn't for her I wouldn't even be on this site, and things would be so much different for me right now. We met on another site and talked quite a bit there and on Yahoo Messenger, and then she suggested I try this site. At first I was afraid to do it, but then decided to just go for it. I'm glad I did now because it's really had a big impact on me. Things have happened that have really helped me with my depression since I registered on this site, and if it wasn't for her that would have never happened. I really owe her for helping me, I wish I could do something for her though I'm not sure what I could really do other than say thank you. She's a very kind and caring person, and I'm really glad I got to meet her.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I've ever even thanked her. So I hope she gets to read this, because I want to say thank you for helping me Bubblebeam! You've been a great friend to me and I really hope that continues!

Thank you Haywud. It's so nice to see someone go from deep depression to such happiness like I've seen in you. I wouldn't wish that level of darkness on anybody.

I think the toast now rightfully should go to Nibby. 
icon_giggle.gif

beerchug.gif

You all deserve appreciation, support and happiness :D Great thread! *applauses silently so neighbours won't complain*

Latest posts

Back