Cannot reply!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterLonely

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Browsing the forums I see lots off interresting and deeply personal threads all around, reading them I can get a good feeling about that person and what they are going through, I consider myself to be a person with a highly empathic person.

Still I more then once start typing a reply, not always lengthy, but i always try to reveal a new line of thought or offer insight from my own experiences, only to cancel before posting.

I don't realy know why I do this, maybe it's because i've felt unwanted for so long that I imagine my input and thoughts to be unwanted aswell,
I was wondering if anyone else did this, or felt this way, so if you see this and start typing a reply, please do post! it's wanted.

Stop thinking that way and just post something.  I do the same thing.  Hell, half the people on this site hate me, but I don't give a **** what they think of me...I just say what I want to say.  And I bet you will have a response or two or a dozen that will give someone good advice, a pat on the back or just knowing someone cares.  

Everyone has different life experiences and ways of looking at things, so why is your input any less important than everyone else?  Stop putting yourself down and just post.  After a while it will become second nature.  Just do it...*stupid Nike ad*

beautiful loser said:
Stop thinking that way and just post something.  I do the same thing.  Hell, half the people on this site hate me, but I don't give a **** what they think of me...I just say what I want to say.  And I bet you will have a response or two or a dozen that will give someone good advice, a pat on the back or just knowing someone cares.  

Everyone has different life experiences and ways of looking at things, so why is your input any less important than everyone else?  Stop putting yourself down and just post.  After a while it will become second nature.  Just do it...*stupid Nike ad*

Ok ;)

I think everyone has done that.

Nothing wrong with doing it, as long as you post somewhere and don't get rid of everything you try to say. Next time you feel yourself wanting to delete. STOP, reread it, ask yourself if you would like someone saying that to you, is it helpful.....if the answer is yes to either of those, then post it.

MisterLonely said:
I was wondering if anyone else did this, or felt this way....

This has come up several times, so you are far from alone in it. I do it myself quite often.

As someone once said :)

MisterLonely said:
... so if you see this and start typing a reply, please do post! it's wanted.

Yukongirl said:
I do this most of the time, start to reply then delete because I kept reminding myself that my life is a bit of a mess, so what do I know.....

Just because you might not follow your own advice doesn't mean it's not good advice.  It's generally much easier to help others than it is to help ourselves.

I do it too....a couple of times just now, as a matter of fact....typed a comment then deleted it. Guess I'll post this. Too bad it isn't a really crucial insight or something like that.......

Same here. It's actually taken me months to even join this forum, because I've kept thinking "why would anyone care about anything I have to say anyway?" I think that has a lot to do with how you've been / are being treated in real life. When people ignore you, you tend to feel like you and/or your opinions don't matter.

I would love your input on anything I write, though. Just so you know! :)

I very often think I'm only making a fool of myself, and I might give bad advice, and people might start hating me, and all kind of things. Mostly the first one though. I end up thinking "But maybe I can brighten this persons day just a little, maybe it will feel a bit better... even if it's just me, just a silly post." And then I post anyway :) Because, being unanswered is worse than getting a silly response XD Good luck posting! :D

Latest posts

Back