Allo....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elwyng

Reaction score
Hi.

In an effort to not begin as a lurker, I'll step up to the mic. 

I'm a 40 something from Colorado. Hubby of 24 years left 8 months ago. Kinda feel like life is circling the drain. 

So, Hi. I'm actually a pretty cool person, just need to figure out how to deal with this "on my own" stuff. Currently it sucks.

I hope you get to meet some people here to help you with their similar experiences, or just be a good company to help you through this rough patch...

Welcome :)

Elwyng said:
Hi.

In an effort to not begin as a lurker, I'll step up to the mic. 

I'm a 40 something from Colorado. Hubby of 24 years left 8 months ago. Kinda feel like life is circling the drain. 

So, Hi. I'm actually a pretty cool person, just need to figure out how to deal with this "on my own" stuff. Currently it sucks.

Hi Elwyng, and hello from California :)

Sorry to hear about the breakup. Are you keeping yourself busy and distracted ? This website can be a great distraction (esp. the games section !).

You'll find a lot of coolness and compassion here. Do tell us more about your story as and when you feel comfortable.

Welcome !!!

Welcome ^_^ People here seem nice, hope you'll find it comfy!

Welcome,

I couldn't possibly understand how one feels after someone left they have been with for almost a quarter of a century, but your not completly on your own here.

See you around!

Allo to you Elwyng. Forty something is a good age and I hope you figure out how to make the on-your-own stuff work the way you'd like it to be.

Thank you all 😊. That means alot. Most days are overwhelming, and there seems to be no end in sight. I'm hoping my life isn't over yet. It's nice to connect with other people who understand how it feels and don't judge or offer false positives.

My husband left me almost 7 years ago. We were married for almost 10. It does get better, but it will take a while.

Welcome to the forum, and take a peek in the chat room, if you're interested :)

TheRealCallie said:
My husband left me almost 7 years ago.  We were married for almost 10.  It does get better, but it will take a while.

That's gotta be tough. (Hugs)

It's always good to know you're not the only one and to be able to find solace with others, to be able to talk about whats on your mind, to let it out. Even if I am a jerk and selfish. My best, second ever, and last relationship ended after only a year, and I don't care to mention the 4 years beforehand where I was too young to be considered legal and couldn't even go anywhere with her in person. That stemmed over into when we were actually together. Her ex husband constantly making jokes, or making it awkward and difficult. Far more than it would be if you'd meet someone fresh and never have that spark that is only yours and yours alone. I guess it was a shaky foundation. But it does definitely get better. One year, ten, fifty, a thousand, it hurts. But it gets better. That shadow always lingers. Even when I've forgotten she ever existed and someone asks me to cut up a hot dog and suddenly I remember her getting on to me for not cutting up the hot dog small enough for the baby to eat. It lingers. But it gets better. I try to remind myself that I learned so much from her. And that the only thing she left me with was not heartache, but knowledge, and the ability to grow, and do better by those who will come to me in the future than I was able to be for her in my youth, as sad as it makes me to admit. She found her love. I haven't. That doesn't mean she didn't love me. That means she found someone who gave her what she needed in life. And that I may one day find it for myself.

Welcome here, I'm glad to meet you, as I'm sure are others, and although I'm new here myself, and argumentative and annoying, I'm here to talk. If nothing else than to share experiences. That's life. Experiences. Learning from others. Learning from ourselves.

Hello there!

Sorry to hear about your husband leaving, being on your own can be hard, but I hope you will make the most out of it.

I feel for you. I've been dumped many times. At first its a shock to the system. It does get better. Do you have children too?

Welcome, and I hope you solve your problems and find what you are looking for here

Latest posts

Back