Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Etiquette
For those who drive regularly and meet oncoming traffic in a passing place. Do you put up your hand as a thanks for waiting/driving with care, even if you think you will get zero response?

I make a habit of doing this but am dismayed at the lack of reciprocation by most. I simply do it almost as a salute to the 10% that are friendly enough to wave back.

This isn't meant to be a rant by the way. Smile
I thank drivers that stop at the stop sign so I can cross the street, or that turn on the blinkers, but I don't drive so I shouldn't be here... hahahaha
Oh sorry Darling anybody's welcome to comment, perhaps I should have worded it a bit differently.
Yep, know exactly what you mean. I know sometimes like a ditzy friend or mine, she seriously needs concentrate and forgets while passing through a space. But courtesy costs nothing.

I am also suprised at the number of 'profssional drivers' that don't acknowledge as well.

Anyway welcome to the forum and rant away if you feel like it Smile.
If I have the right of way, I don't wave acknowledgment. But if I don't, I definitely do.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: IMG_4388.jpg]
I don't know why, but drivers here just wave at everyone. Even people walking. They really like saying hello.
^Lol your arm.would fall off if you waved at everyone here Big Grin
(10-30-2016, 01:30 PM)AmytheTemperamental Wrote: I don't know why, but drivers here just wave at everyone. Even people walking. They really like saying hello.

Thats nice its good to go out and see friendly faces. Smile
(10-30-2016, 01:30 PM)AmytheTemperamental Wrote: I don't know why, but drivers here just wave at everyone. Even people walking. They really like saying hello.

if only one finger is extended thats not waving lol

I commute of a what most would consider a busy highway 
I often find myself backing off to allow heavy trucks to change lanes 
I give them a flash of my headlight telling them I am giving them the chance 
In  response I get a flash of their running lights 
I am sure most truck drivers are shocked because often I am just on my motorcycle blocking traffic for them
Truckers get seriously bad press in the UK. You would be forgiven for thinking they were a social menace, although some of them rightly deserve it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  forum etiquette iateallthepies 3 2,522 12-03-2016, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tealeaf
  If you could change one thing about social etiquette, what would you change? Lola91 28 8,420 09-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Last Post: TropicalStarfish
  Fingerbanged by cops on the side of the road bodafuko 12 2,732 12-24-2012, 03:58 AM
Last Post: PyramidHead
  Proper strip club etiquette Limlim 27 13,086 05-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ak5