why do i like her?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn560

Reaction score
hello all or whoever cares to read, so i started a new school in september and on the first day met a girl who i followed cuz we were both lost on our first day. since then shes been in most of my classes, she sits nex to me in class, actually knows my name, and sits with me during lunch as well. as someone who trusts no one im not sure if to consider her a friend cuz most girls ignore me and only use to to get something. but his girl mostly talks about other guys to me, constantly mentions her boyfriend that hes an ******* (yet shes still with him) and talks about her crushes with me and tells me her problems. the thing is i kinda feel like i like her. the part that eats me the most is that when ppl talk behind my back and make fun of her saying im her bf she gets grosssed out and really pissed. i know im ugly, short and bald  but it really hurts to know that im not appealing to her and that im so ugly i gross her out. :( it also hurts when she talks about her crushes cuz those guys she crush on are the total opposite to me. i mean like whats wrong with me :'( the only reason i think i like her is becuase im not around too many girls and well since shes around i got attached. it really painful to know that someone i like thinks im gross and ugly yet hangs around me. this makes me really depressed to know that i can never ever be part of her life im just some stupid idiot that cracks jokes and entertains her when shes bored. it breaks my ******* heart i cry about it like a ***** but in the end i just might all together stop talking to her. the internal pain is too much adding to my depression and anxiety. shes just another reason added to the list to end myself new years night.

Stop talking to her. Or tell her how crappy you feel about the way she acts. And set some boundaries. Maybe she will be a good friend and respect them. Probably not though. She probably doesnt care enough.

Do you want to know the most attractive thing about a person? Confidence. People will naturally gravitate toward you if you give off positive energy. You say you're ugly, short, and bald - well, rock what you have! Fake it 'til you make it.

As for the girl, she's taken. If she breaks up with her boyfriend, then why not give it a go? So what if she rejects you? There are millions of other fish in the sea. However, don't stop talking to her if she is genuinely your friend and you enjoy her company. It's important to work through these issues, and possibly even discuss them with her if you're close enough with her. Communication is key.

kamya said:
Stop talking to her. Or tell her how crappy you feel about the way she acts. And set some boundaries. Maybe she will be a good friend and respect them. Probably not though. She probably doesnt care enough.

This.

tothemoon said:
Do you want to know the most attractive thing about a person?  Confidence.  People will naturally gravitate toward you if you give off positive energy.  You say you're ugly, short, and bald - well, rock what you have!  Fake it 'til you make it.

As for the girl, she's taken.  If she breaks up with her boyfriend, then why not give it a go?  So what if she rejects you?  There are millions of other fish in the sea.  However, don't stop talking to her if she is genuinely your friend and you enjoy her company.  It's important to work through these issues, and possibly even discuss them with her if you're close enough with her.  Communication is key.

i cant dicuss it with her cuz i mean im falling for someone i bet approx 2 months ago. believe me in my world having friends are a rare thing if she does reject me i would just die a little more inside i wanna stay friends with her but my feelings for her is kinda making it hard to jus be friends as for her bf hes an ******* dont know why shes still with him hence she looks at other guys and tells me when im right here feeling stupid. i think the reason why she talks to me is ciz most girls are gossipy and her man doesnt see my ugly ass as a threat so idk.....really hurts man it ******* hurts

As someone who has an ******* "boyfriend" I can tell you from my experience it's irksome when people think they can tell me what to do about it just because I complain about him. If you don't want her to tell you her woes about him, then tell her that. Tell her that you no longer want to hear about him. But don't think it's your right to make that judgment call for her.

Also, if you know someone makes fun of you and calls you this and that and the other, then you can make that choice to be done with them. If you don't, well then that's on you. She doesn't sound like she takes your feelings into consideration, but who knows what she's actually thinking. She may be faking being disgusted because she actually likes you. Who knows... people have done stranger things. But I think there's something to be said for someone who, in your own words, is grossed out by you yet still hangs out with you. Perhaps she really likes you as a person.

VanillaCreme said:
Also, if you know someone makes fun of you and calls you this and that and the other, then you can make that choice to be done with them. If you don't, well then that's on you. She doesn't sound like she takes your feelings into consideration, but who knows what she's actually thinking. She may be faking being disgusted because she actually likes you. Who knows... people have done stranger things. But I think there's something to be said for someone who, in your own words, is grossed out by you yet still hangs out with you. Perhaps she really likes you as a person.

+1

VanillaCreme said:
As someone who has an ******* "boyfriend" I can tell you from my experience it's irksome when people think they can tell me what to do about it just because I complain about him. If you don't want her to tell you her woes about him, then tell her that. Tell her that you no longer want to hear about him. But don't think it's your right to make that judgment call for her.

you got a point there didnt think that part thru. but her actually liking me tho i dont think so :(

Celt said:
How about just put up with her till you can't take any more crap?

its not that i hate that she tell me those kinda stuff i enjoy her company but it kinda hurts to know that youre a guy and she looks at others while youre there. i mean put yourself in my shoes i bet you might feel the same...or not idk

dn560 said:
Celt said:

its not that i hate that she tell me those kinda stuff i enjoy her company but it kinda hurts to know that youre a guy and she looks at others while youre there. i mean put yourself in my shoes i bet you might feel the same...or not idk

Don't give people like that any time if possible. Why is she running you down while complimenting others? Not a nice person tell her to sling her hook even if you do fancy her. Raise your game you have higher standards than she has I think.

Celt said:
dn560 said:
Celt said:

Don't give people like that any time if possible. Why is she running you down while complimenting others? Not a nice person tell her to sling her hook even if you do fancy her. Raise your game you have higher standards than she has I think.
when u look as terrible as me theres only so much standards you can have :(

Xpendable said:
Cut her off. Not worth of your time.

i would but shes the ONLY friend i have in an entire school. feels kinda nice to have someone around even if they find u gross but i know im wasting my time

dn560 said:
Xpendable said:
Cut her off. Not worth of your time.

i would but shes the ONLY friend i have in an entire school. feels kinda nice to have someone around even if they find u gross but i know im wasting my time

Yes, but there are opportunity costs with any choice. By staying around her, you lose opportunities to develop new friends or get a girlfriend. It's not necessary to make a big scene, just tell her you've got other plans.

Latest posts

Back