I'm Awkward and always make stupid mistakes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know where to begin with, I'm a 19-year-old boy, university student. the thing is I'm awkward physically and mentally. I keep creating awkward moments and haveing people laugh at me. people treat me as if I'm a retard, they don't value me, never actually listen to me when I'm talking. they always tend to make fun of me. never take me seriously, never really care about my opinion. they never notice when I'm not around. so here's the deal I'm awkward and I can't help it. what options do you think I have?

Do you have any idea what might be causing you to feel awkward? I have one or two ideas that seem to be fairly tried and tested but I'd like to know the answer to this.

Paraiyar said:
Do you have any idea what might be causing you to feel awkward? I have one or two ideas that seem to be fairly tried and tested but I'd like to know the answer to this.

Look, as I said I'm physically and mentally awkward and constantly make awkward mistakes. for example, I keep making foolish mistakes when talking or doing things requiring physical effort. I'd be glad if you share your theories with me

We all make dumb mistakes sometimes!
My way out of it is never to let it get at ME!
If it is in speech, say only what is necessary and dont be too hard on yourself when you make mistakes!
You are not the worst of the Lot ! Most of those laughing at you are only covering theirs up.
And please learn to focus on things you know you are good at! You will earn more respect that way:)

Colin.winterfell said:
Paraiyar said:

Look, as I said I'm physically and mentally awkward and constantly make awkward mistakes. for example, I keep making foolish mistakes when talking or doing things requiring physical effort. I'd be glad if you share your theories with me

It might help if you're more specific - what are your "awkward" or "foolish mistakes"? What happened exactly? It's hard to offer options or theories without knowing exactly what's going on. You might even find others here who say "yeah, I do that all the time too".

Latest posts

Back