Strange habits of single people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austen

Reaction score
I recently discovered that despite my fantasies of sleeping every night in a king sized bed with plenty of plush pillows and 500 thread count sheets, I actually don't feel comfortable in a large bed all on my own. I feel so uncomfortable with all that empty space that I always end up buying a single bed. Even when I get to sleep in one of those fancy hotel beds, I feel odd.

Is that weird? Does anyone else have any strange habits that are a result of being single for a long time?

I love my king size bed and being in it all alone. lol I sleep on one side and never move too. I'm odd, but I just like knowing there's all that room if I should decide to want to use it. I dislike sleeping in a small bed.

I personally have a queen-sized bed and I absolutely love it lol - and I sleep in the middle so no one else can join me in it. :p

On a more serious note, it's nice to share the extra space if you're one to yearn that. That is if the person you're sharing it with complements your sleeping habits well.

I'm not too sure if some of my strange habits are from being single .... but I can tell you that more than one person has told me I'm a strange / odd / weird person on a lot of things. :|

ladyforsaken said:
I personally have a queen-sized bed and I absolutely love it lol - and I sleep in the middle so no one else can join me in it. :p

Thats thinking very 2 dimensional ;)

I have a normal double bed, don't know what it's called maybe prince-sised, definitly smaller then queen though,but much bigger than a single, however I only have a single pillow...

MisterLonely said:
however I only have a single pillow...

I never get how anyone can sleep with just a single pillow. Sometimes I need to hug a pillow to fall asleep. :x

ladyforsaken said:
MisterLonely said:

I never get how anyone can sleep with just a single pillow. Sometimes I need to hug a pillow to fall asleep. :x

Does it work? otherwise may I suggest :club:

I don't want to generalize women but most seem to like having lots and lots of pillows while most men just want the one they actually use and don't have to store in a big wooden box by the end of the bed before actually being able to get in it...... oops i'm generalizing now :p

ladyforsaken said:
I'm not too sure if some of my strange habits are from being single .... but I can tell you that more than one person has told me I'm a strange / odd / weird person on a lot of things. :|

Me too! :(

I sleep with two cats and a bunch of pillows, probably not going to find someone who's ok with all of that! I have a whole weirdo system to making my bed too... I would probably be ashamed to bring that one up if I ever had company, though.

- I always leave the bathroom door open even when using the toilet (unlike in households with couples, ventilation overtakes privacy as the #1 priority)

- I don't have a dining table, even though my living room is more than large enough to accommodate one (I eat on my couch ... sitting at a table alone is weird)

- I have a Queen bed and sleep blissfully in the middle, but only use one pillow (yeah, I'm a dude)

Somnambulist said:
- I always leave the bathroom door open even when using the toilet (unlike in households with couples, ventilation overtakes privacy as the #1 priority)

- I don't have a dining table, even though my living room is more than large enough to accommodate one (I eat on my couch ... sitting at a table alone is weird)

Sitting at the table alone really is weird!
My cats like to wait for me to shower, so I never close the bathroom door.

DarkSelene said:
Somnambulist said:

Sitting at the table alone really is weird!
My cats like to wait for me to shower, so I never close the bathroom door.

:)

I eat in various places of the house. Sometimes I have dinner while standing (and I mean real big meals lol).

• I do have a dinner table, but I still consume most of my meals while sitting at my desk because that's where I can multi-task better.
  • I leave my toilet seat up and the door open rather often because I don't really mind.
  • I eat at unusual but still regular times.
  • I get up quite early, even on weekends.
  • I do the dishes only once or twice a week?

That doesn't sound nearly as strange as I expected.

MisterLonely said:
ladyforsaken said:
MisterLonely said:

Does it work? otherwise may I suggest :club:

I don't want to generalize women but most seem to like having lots and lots of pillows while most men just want the one they actually use and don't have to store in a big wooden box by the end of the bed before actually being able to get in it...... oops i'm generalizing now :p

Haha.. well to be fair, I don't have that many pillows. It started out with 2, and then the other 2 smaller pillows were gifts and I dunno what to do with them other than to use them. I personally don't like cluttered beds (too many pillows) but it does start to look like most guys like to have just 1 pillow in bed.. interesting.

DarkSelene said:
ladyforsaken said:

Me too! :(

I sleep with two cats and a bunch of pillows, probably not going to find someone who's ok with all of that! I have a whole weirdo system to making my bed too... I would probably be ashamed to bring that one up if I ever had company, though.

Oh, do share what the whole weirdo system to making your bed is like? I have my OCD tendencies too. I have to have my clothes folded a certain way or they will not enter my wardrobe. :p

ladyforsaken said:
Oh, do share what the whole weirdo system to making your bed is like? I have my OCD tendencies too. I have to have my clothes folded a certain way or they will not enter my wardrobe. :p

I can leave my bed undone for days, but if I'm going to lay down on it I need to make it a certain way. Also, most times there's a whole ritual of turning on the AC and leaving an incense burning while I take a shower so when I get back my room is very cozy and relaxing... Well, the bed is basically arranged with a pillow for my head, one for me to hug and one for my legs, then I have my blanket on top of everything and I cuddle in it leaving a space in the corner for the laptop. Also, one of the cats always shares my head pillow and the other always the hugging one... they like the routine too! hahaha

DarkSelene said:
ladyforsaken said:

I can leave my bed undone for days, but if I'm going to lay down on it I need to make it a certain way. Also, most times there's a whole ritual of turning on the AC and leaving an incense burning while I take a shower so when I get back my room is very cozy and relaxing... Well, the bed is basically arranged with a pillow for my head, one for me to hug and one for my legs, then I have my blanket on top of everything and I cuddle in it leaving a space in the corner for the laptop. Also, one of the cats always shares my head pillow and the other always the hugging one... they like the routine too! hahaha

Nice, your sleep routine is intricately interesting! We all have our ways to relax, eh. :D
Your kitties are so lucky too. :p

ladyforsaken said:
Nice, your sleep routine is intricately interesting! We all have our ways to relax, eh. :D
Your kitties are so lucky too. :p

Yes, they're super spoiled! :D

Wayfarer said:
I eat in various places of the house. Sometimes I have dinner while standing (and I mean real big meals lol).

I thought I was the only one who ate big meals while standing.  Mostly due to the begging dog and not wanting to step on his tail if I get up from the table.  Also, I hate sitting down and then realizing I left seasoning, butter, bread, etc on the kitchen island...yeah, when I'm eating I can be very lazy.  Plus, I'm used to standing at work (9 hr day, I probably sit three hours and that's counting breaks and lunch).  I guess that contributes to my odd eating habits, as well.

Latest posts

Back