Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Card Exchange 2016!
If you read this, Jules, just wanted to say I made those butter tarts...they were really good!  I substituted some cream for the corn syrup and had to use a couple of pie shells to make the tart cups..lol.  Anyway, thank you, it's a keeper.  Will substitute roasted pecans and make mini pecan pie tarts.

BTW, they are a tad bit burnt, as I left them in for a couple minutes too long.  I asked someone who happened to text me, to help me keep an eye on the clock, since I couldn't find the stupid timer...she let me down...haha. Toungue

Here is a pic...

[Image: 2z9l93c.jpg]
SofiasMami's card arrived on Christmas Eve. I'm still waiting on the rest, but no worries Smile

Thank you to all who sent or offered to send, even knowing that I wasn't able to send this year. I'm glad you all reached out.
If you are interested in connecting on Skype or Facebook, send me a Private Message here and I'll get back to you.
Seems like my cards have reached more peeps!

(12-29-2016, 08:21 AM)beautiful loser Wrote: I received LFS's card today.  It was actually brought to my desk late Friday, but I worked half a day and missed it. So, it did arrive before Christmas Smile  Thank you K, it's a lovely card (the snowballs were cute) and you really need to work for Hallmark...you have a way with words. Smile

Yay it was there in time. Big Grin
I only say stuff from my heart to that particular person - and I tend to say more than what's usually printed on the cards so Hallmark may never pass me. Toungue

(12-29-2016, 09:19 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: I received Lady F's card today. <3
Such lovely words. You're a real gem.

Awesome! At least mine got to you, phew. Thanks Eve <3
So guess who received LadyF's card today - that's right, yours truly Smile
By the postmark it took 5 weeks to get here. They can put a man on the moon but they can't figure out a way to deliver mail efficiently. Oh well. Smile
I'll display it in my living room for a bit like the other cards. Thanks, LadyF! Smile
En la boca cerrada no entran moscas.
lol, Zero and Lady F never got mine, as far as I'm aware.
Maybe if I send a card now, they will have them by next Xmas.
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
I have 2 cards that haven't made it to where they are supposed to be yet...But I will remain hopeful as a card I sent to the US at the beginning of December just made it to its destination a couple of days ago...
I have 2 enroute to Singapore
So, the cards that didn`t make it here yet, are the ones from: LadyF, the 2nd from Eve, Serenia, SofiasMami, Pathfinder, Breakingthegirl, AmytheTemperamental.
No confirmation of having received mine: Serenia, Beautiful Loser, Breakingthegirl and the 2nd to Eve.

No clue, why and how they got lost, but I`m thankful to all who sent me cards. Who knows, maybe I`ll get them on Easter, lol.
<3 hugs.
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts. (Albert Einstein)
V's never showed and mine to you didn't make it. I think the Grinch has them all!

Club
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
(01-14-2017, 07:05 AM)zero Wrote: So, the cards that didn`t make it here yet, are the ones from: LadyF, the 2nd from Eve, Serenia, SofiasMami, Pathfinder, Breakingthegirl, AmytheTemperamental.
No confirmation of having received mine: Serenia, Beautiful Loser, Breakingthegirl and the 2nd to Eve.

No clue, why and how they got lost, but I`m thankful to all who sent me cards. Who knows, maybe I`ll get them on Easter, lol.
<3 hugs.

You're waiting for that many, zero?
Um, maybe we should start the 2017 Christmas Card Exchange thread next week. Big Grin
I have a feeling that all yours maybe will be delivered to you on the same day. I hope you get them either way. Smile
En la boca cerrada no entran moscas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chrismas Card Exchange 2017! SofiasMami 31 2,311 6 hours ago
Last Post: SofiasMami
  ALL Halloween Card Exchange SophiaGrace 6 506 10-20-2017, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Niave
  Is anyone planning on hosting a Christmas card thread this year? EveWasFramed 9 694 10-14-2017, 07:04 AM
Last Post: TheWalkingDead
  FREE $1000 Visa Gift Card Offer Expiring Soon DealMop 7 459 07-26-2017, 04:30 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  What are you walking away from 2016 with? AmytheTemperamental 17 1,474 01-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Last Post: constant stranger
  Merry Christmas! EveWasFramed 25 2,016 12-28-2016, 03:53 AM
Last Post: MisterLonely
  Why they say lonely Christmas ? kikkxx 1 911 12-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Christmas Gift Ideas AmytheTemperamental 9 1,183 11-17-2016, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BadGuy
  What are you looking forward to in 2016? Serenia 25 2,306 01-20-2016, 12:16 AM
Last Post: ladyforsaken
  Christmas Card Exchange 2015! SofiasMami 160 14,179 01-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Last Post: SofiasMami