Another rude craigslist reply -Well you guys ne the judge

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks are not as important as people are conditioned to think"

I will have to think about that one. Interesting

Try to put this person behind you my friend and think nothing more of it. Remember, even the most beautiful person gets criticised and insulted about their appearance. Nobody is an exception in this life unfortunately, but the knowledge can help things feel less personal.

I will sure try. But as you all know being alone is what makes
Us even more susceptible to these things

But isn't that offset by the cute girl you mentioned in your last post ' head cupped in hands said to her friend " hasn't Mike got a nice smile" to which she replied "Yes" so looks like people are individual and perceived in that way...so on the upside you have "hasn''t Mike got a nice smile" on the downside you have "you look scary" so individuals perceive you differently and taking both of them into account and applying a mathematical formula to the equation you come out average...and average ain't such a bad place to be.

sothatwasmylife said:
But isn't that offset by the cute girl you mentioned in your last post ' head cupped in hands said to her friend " hasn't Mike got a nice smile" to which she replied "Yes"  so looks like people are individual and perceived in that way...so on the upside you have "hasn''t Mike got a nice smile" on the downside you have "you look scary" so individuals perceive you differently and taking both of them into account and applying a mathematical formula to the equation you come out average...and average ain't such a bad place to be, although of course I have no first hand experience of that myself being blessed with all natures bounty of good looks and charisma.

sothatwasmylife said:
sothatwasmylife said:
But isn't that offset by the cute girl you mentioned in your last post ' head cupped in hands said to her friend " hasn't Mike got a nice smile" to which she replied "Yes"  so looks like people are individual and perceived in that way...so on the upside you have "hasn''t Mike got a nice smile" on the downside you have "you look scary" so individuals perceive you differently and taking both of them into account and applying a mathematical formula to the equation you come out average...and average ain't such a bad place to be, although of course I have no first hand experience of that myself being blessed with all natures bounty of good looks and charisma.

What? Who is not mike? I am not. That wasnt my post

Anyway, I do get your point. I do get compliments offline on various things. Eyes. Or whatver. Now does that offset what one woman said who I havent seen? No, not really. Because if you did take a look at previous threads that I made. They all follow a similar theme. Whether its someone thinking I look like someone else. You just did. It thinking I was someone from another thread. But thats an easy mistake online.

But that is what happens when something I precieve as rude or insensitive it Outweighs any positive things I might have heard prior. That is the downside to a weak self-esteem. Self-image. Identity. Fragile ego. You pick one. I suffer from them all.

sothatwasmylife said:
But isn't that offset by the cute girl you mentioned in your last post ' head cupped in hands said to her friend " hasn't Mike got a nice smile" to which she replied "Yes" so looks like people are individual and perceived in that way...so on the upside you have "hasn''t Mike got a nice smile" on the downside you have "you look scary" so individuals perceive you differently and taking both of them into account and applying a mathematical formula to the equation you come out average...and average ain't such a bad place to be.

That was Alexander_Santos, not Restless soul

sothatwasmylife said:
But they're so similar 😆

Knock it off, please.

As for the OP, she could have not said that, sure, but at least she told you what she thought. And perhaps others may think it too, but never say. Do you think you looked scary in the picture? Perhaps you can look at it again, and realize what she's saying. A smile can go a long way. I've been told I looked mad or angry when in fact I was feeling quite neutral. So a smile can brighten how you appear to people.

VanillaCreme said:
sothatwasmylife said:
But they're so similar 😆

Knock it off, please.

As for the OP, she could have not said that, sure, but at least she told you what she thought. And perhaps others may think it too, but never say. Do you think you looked scary in the picture? Perhaps you can look at it again, and realize what she's saying. A smile can go a long way. I've been told I looked mad or angry when in fact I was feeling quite neutral. So a smile can brighten how you appear to people.

No I did not look scary. Maybe too serious. 
But for someone who doesnt know you it sounds very condescending, judgemental.  Saying scary. Or even mean and angry.  

Why be negative and and overly opinionated with someone you don't know. Shows bad character. If an overweight woman sent me her photo would I make it my business to tell her to lose weight? I wouldn't even go that far. I would never tell anyone that sent me  a photo they look scary. Because that would make me look like a  prick. Goes to show you what type of people are out there.

Restless soul said:
Why be negative and and overly opinionated with someone you don't know. Shows bad character. If an overweight woman sent me her photo would I make it my business to tell her to lose weight? I wouldn't even go that far. I would never tell anyone that sent me  a photo they look scary. Because that would make me look like a  prick. Goes to show you what type of people are out there.

Yeah, I don't know why. She had her reasons though. Perhaps she didn't think it was mean to say. Don't let it get to you though. I wouldn't take it personally. Maybe you can smile in future pictures to combat thoughts like that.

Instead of seeing it as rude, why not just look at it as constructive criticism? I mean, let's be honest, there are some scary people that go to craigslist, so maybe she was just telling you you need to smile a little more so you don't come off the wrong way on there.

Latest posts

Back