How did everyone here come to find this site?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had just watched a TEDx talk on "Lethality of loneliness", and Googled the subject afterwards.

One of the search results had an Alan Watts quote in it, that I LOVED ! "The fear of death is absurd, because, when you are dead, you have nothing to worry about. So, it'll be alright."

Captivated, I immediately clicked on the search result, and it took me to this forum. One of the forum members has this as his/her signature. I had to sign up ! :D

What do I like about it ? That it is rather effective in killing my time.

Ok..killing time..ok. and supportive members? That is what
I like. And the broad range of categories, that covers all areas that would contribute to ones lonliness. simply put

Someone I was speaking to on another support forum encouraged me to find other sites to meet people. This was one of the first forums that caught my attention. For all its issues, I did meet some great people (and hopefully will continue to do so).

I googled Loneliness Forum. Was looking for a site with some resources and tools to help lonely people, but I just found this place.

My sister, Naleena, asked me to join.
I don't think she lurks anymore, but I'm sure that most members have posted in one of her threads on occasion.

Xpendable said:
I googled Loneliness Forum. Was looking for a site with some resources and tools to help lonely people, but I just found this place.

Great. Great. I figured one of my keywords in google had to be lonley. We are here for a reason. And that is what makes it a good site

I'm not sure I remember at this point. I know a few years ago it was suggested to me that I get screened for depression while I was getting checked for something else. I was surprised, because I'd been doing better than I had in years and thought it was gone--apparently the symptoms still showed strong to others. So I looked online for some places to talk about it.

I don't visit much anymore as the friends I made left, and most new topics are venting or about dating. Nothing that helps me as I need to figure out how to live a life after depression. You can really only go through the "Yeah, that's really hard I'm sorry and hope you feel better" motions so many times before it just feels numb. But I'm not really lonely anymore, just... feeling off. Many places I visit out of habit.

Hey tealeaf. Thanks for sharing. But I think everyone can relate very well to one another on a broad spectrum. Whether they were depressed and then became lonely or got more depressed because they recognize just how serious thier lonliness and isolation is. And for us guys somehow it all ties into dating. That is us single single guys. The married lonley guys is also interesting, and women too. Can't leave then out

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Here's some similar threads that you might find interesting.   I'm pretty sure there's another one, but I can't find it.
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=10576
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=29902

Why you taking the spotlight away from my thread? 
😝😝😝

Partly because the thread already exists....and partly because it's easier to read a thread than to post again on the same topic and partly because it's helpful.  :)

I was far worse off last year around this time when I registered and was desperate to dig myself out of it. What I thought was my first 'relationship' at the time was a simple facade generated by horrible admins of a forum I didn't gel well with, to get me banned and publicly humiliated there because of it.
They laughed at me after, saying how pathetic my life had to be, and how obviously the only girl would could ever like me would be fake.

I took that bullshit as only fuel to prove them wrong. I got out more than I ever had this year, went back to the shoe shop to seriously begin interning and just being social way more than I ever.
I also got far more serious about my finances and self-employment and have doubled what I was earning in that year, and by now have tripled it. I can't stress how anger can be a great motivator.

On top of that, I went back to forums and finding communities, and it was later that year I actually did meet my first actual real girlfriend, and later on after that one, something equally serious as well; all within that same year.

This forum was but a brief stop at the time in finding places. Honestly, I'm upset I missed this forum in its hayday, because it seems like now there's only activity in forum games, which I personally don't think the ones here are that fun to make it the ONLY thing to do.
It was fun reading older posts (like now) and maybe posting a topic of my own, seeing responses, and finding some of the new serious topics too, but those were far between and overall there just wasn't enough to do. And there were too many people throwing pity parties for my liking, so I left and went to the other places I eventually wound up meeting the girls.

And I came back after both of those had ended, feeling a need to hopefully make new friends who could relate to how I was feeling. I'm past trying to force a girlfriend hunt (which almost seemed like what I was doing this time last year more than anything) and just want to be around like-minded people who might offer solutions to problems, befriend some hopefully, and help out others too.
I find it's best to keep moving forward, but go with the flow; it's worked for me this long, so I know that's the right approach. Every mistake leads into so many more possibilities, and without our failures we wouldn't have any real progress.

I'm here again and where I'm at now, so far ahead of last year, simply because of those idiots trying to knock me down. So maybe I should thank them, haha.

It's still a bit inactive for my liking, but there's still things of interest to do when I'm not keeping myself busy with other aspects of life.

Latest posts

Back