Yes, lonliness does cause anger. I am living proof

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
And so does everything that goes with it. I realized I avoid people that kinda know me. Feel uncomfortable when someone recognizes me. Forget confusing me with someone else. Someone from past usually males. There is this hostility I feel. A strong dislike. I wonder what it stems from. I know what it stems from. Not being mentally healthy when I met them and being just as bad now if not worse. But should I take it out on them? They merely recgnized me and said hello?  As it relates to the recent" fake it "thread. Apparently I cannot. Since there was an apparent aggresive tone to this fellow who said hello to me using my name. It made my blood boil.  I must have some serious underlying issue if I cant handle someone who didn't see me in x number of years saying hello? It really ddisturbs me. Anyone here have any ideas what might be going on and how I can just chill the fresia out?? I am like a ticking time bomb

One possibility is that you are ashamed of yourself in some way (whether it's looks, mental illness that you brought up, or being a loner), and you don't want others seeing this "low" version of you.

It happens to me when I feel I'm not at my best (best physical shape, best mood, or even a bad hair day).

I can't think of anything else, really.

How about jealousy ? Seeing others who are better off than you are can trigger it.

How can you chill out ? No magic wands here. You need to look deep within yourself and figure out what is going on.

Somnambulist said:
One possibility is that you are ashamed of yourself in some way (whether it's looks, mental illness that you brought up, or being a loner), and you don't want others seeing this "low" version of you.

It happens to me when I feel I'm not at my best (best physical shape, best mood, or even a bad hair day).

I can't think of anything else, really.

How about jealousy ? Seeing others who are better off than you are can trigger it.

How can you chill out ? No magic wands here. You need to look deep within yourself and figure out what is going on.
Hard to say. I mean also The person was acting too friendly 
And we were never friends. That might be it too. B. I don't care to engage the person just the feeling I get. By the way he was working in a fast food joint I just decided to go to.

I am just way too vulnerable in every way and situation. I also started blaming my neighborhood for being the issue. You know because the odds are too great to bump into people who know me. Kinda made me affraid if my own shadow. That might sound like a cop out excuse. But doesn't environment play a big role?

Cant it start to become unhealthy? I heard the saying change your location and change your luck.

Restless soul said:
I am just way too vulnerable in every way and situation. I also started blaming my neighborhood for being the issue. You know because the odds are too great to bump into people who know me. Kinda made me affraid if my own shadow. That might sound like a cop out excuse. But doesn't environment play a big role?

Cant it start to become unhealthy? I heard the saying change your location and change your luck.

Yes, you mentioned that saying to me in my thread about moving.

If that is how you feel, sure, it can be the environment. I would move from mine in a heartbeat.

What is stopping you from moving ?

Now, you could ask me som. Which I ask myself.
What if every time I was in one of these uncomfortable situations.
Seeing someone who recognized me ( usually a male ) or someone who thinks I am someone else. And in each of those situations I had a great cute girl on my arm who was really into me. Really digs me. Would that lessen the annoyance or anxiety hostility ?? That is really interesting. I am not quite sure.

Restless soul said:
Now, you could ask me som. Which I ask myself.
What if every time I was in one of these uncomfortable situations.
Seeing someone who recognized me ( usually a male ) or someone who thinks I am someone else. And in each of those situations I had a great cute girl on my arm who was really into me. Really digs me.  Would that lessen the annoyance or anxiety hostility ?? That is really interesting. I am not quite sure.

Let's focus on the interactions between you and these guys you run into.

What is it exactly, about the interaction that gets to you ?

Describe one such interaction in detail.

A lot is vibes. Just a sense. They are usually connected to things or people I did not care much ir hold in high regard. So I wish i just never seen them to begin with

Restless soul said:
A lot is vibes. Just a sense. They are usually connected to things or people I did not care much ir hold in high regard. So I wish i just never seen them to begin with

Why does it make you angry when they say hello ? Only you can answer this question. Do you feel like they're just pretending to be friendly but are really just fake ? Do you wish the interactions weren't as superficial ?

You could just say a simple hello back and be done with them, right ?

Combination of all of what you said and I stated. That they are usually tied to a person or someone that Is not part of my life. Wasn't a healthy part of my life. Wasn't a good time of my life.
And sometimes it is just I don't particularly care or want to have anything to do with a person and they only might know me because of my family.

You can change your luck without moving. There are literally thousands of people in any given area that you haven't yet met. I think you are just making too much of a "hello". And, but let's play this out. So, what if the person who said "Hello, hates your guts"? So, then what does that mean? Does that then actually mean something in your life? No. So, i think you need to just fluff it off.

I agree with dd11.

You know, Restless, I think you're a hypersensitive. You feel things very deeply, it seems. I used to be one myself., till I realized how insignificant other people's opinions, and even most of my own thoughts, really are.

Somnambulist said:
I agree with dd11.

You know, Restless, I think you're a hypersensitive. You feel things very deeply, it seems. I used to be one myself., till I realized how insignificant other people's opinions, and even most of my own thoughts, really are.

Ok. Simple as that? Dd11. Made a valid point.
You used to be one? How long did it take to overcome??

Restless soul said:
Somnambulist said:
I agree with dd11.

You used to be one? How long did it take to overcome??

Many many years of reflection and contemplation (and listening to Eckhart Tolle), and it still gets the better of me sometimes.

Like dd11 said, and I brought up in your Craigslist thread, when you find yourself in such a situation where you're overanalyzing something, ask yourself how important that really is in the scheme of things.

It is your brain that is torturing you and preventing you from becoming still and present. When you get stuck in a whirlwind of thoughts, sometimes, you need to realize it and then drop the thoughts like you would drop a hot potato from your hand.

It is hard when people or even neighbours all around you, don't bother even to say hello, They don't care is like you don't exist for them, for me it is not only education, it is related with human beings that people normally are thinking on their lifes and not move on the rest just for selfishness.

Latest posts

Back