Describe a special experience with a special person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Somnambulist

I often recall special times with special people ... it's not that I'm hung up on anyone; I like the idea of cherishing special memories.

Tell me one of yours. Here's probably the best evening of my life ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 31, 2015

Paula was 39, a beautiful school teacher ... 5 ft 9, curvaceous, brown hair, and beautiful luminous green eyes. But, it was her strong personality, her intelligence, and her fluency in Spanish, that I really fell in love with. I met her through a paid dating site. After a first few magical dates (in my opinion), she called it off with me. But, I persisted, and managed to reconnect with her a couple of months after the initial split. My persistence was rewarded.

It was approaching new year's eve, 2015, and she suggested that the two of us spend it alone at either her place or mine ... I insisted on hosting and she was glad. I was ecstatic ! It was time to start making the apartment spotless and my body (and my hair) absolutely perfect. I doubled my time at the gym, beginning each day with a 1 hour cardio session, in addition to my 1 hour of lifting each evening. I redid my highlights, and had to go back for a second session to get them fixed, coz the stylist overdid it.

After three days of carefully planned cleaning and preparation (I prepared a Word document with bullet points like "kitchen counter, tub, under the bed, hide BPD books etc"), my apartment was cleaner than ever. Not a spiderweb or grain of dust in sight, all the candle holders were stocked with tealights, and even the carpet felt clean to walk on. The overgrown patio grass had been trimmed and the firepit cleaned. And, a long and carefully handpicked collection of songs were put into a playlist.

At a bar one previous time, she had been unable to order a wine she really wanted coz they had run out of that wine. I had made careful note of that wine, and made sure to get just that wine for our evening together ;)

Come 6 pm, and Paula showed up, surgically on time, as she always was. She showed up with a handwritten letter and a gift (a book). We opened the bottle of wine ... she was pleasantly surprised upon looking at the label on the bottle. We talked about her XMas family visit, and then, I showed her some music that I had made, which intrigued her. She was impressed :D 

Then, came the best part of the evening ... we went to the outdoor patio, where I, being the man, demonstrated my caveman skills by lighting a nice warm fire in my fire pit. We drank wine, sitting around the fire, listening to my cherry picked playlist of music, and engaging in amazing conversation. I roasted corn over the fire, and suggested she sprinkle some lime over the corn (something I grew up with) ... she loved it ! Then, we roasted some veggies and chicken patties. Again, she was impressed :D

At some point through the evening, I gently brought her face closer to mine and enjoyed one of the best kisses ever. And, we talked about the time after the split before we reconnected. She thanked me for being persistent. I read her letter, which basically told me that she wanted to reenter my life and listed the most important folks in her life. I was ecstatic at being let into her life. At some later point, I burst into tears and told her, "You have no idea how much this means to me. I've spent all my life alone and don't wanna be alone anymore." In response, she kissed me and wiped the tears off my face.

We eventually walked back into the living room and I made her close her eyes, to surprise her with "night mode" - an ambience of Moroccan lanterns, candles, and incense. She told me that she liked the fact that I take care of myself and that I know about music and food. We enjoyed hours of intimate and candid conversation. And, that led to some wonderful and rapturous physical intimacy, the details of which don't belong here, except for one highlight that is worthy of mention. One time, I got up from the couch to change a song. As I was leaned over the computer, she reached her arms around me as if to say, "Come back to the couch, honey." It was such an amazing and warm feeling. My pleasure sensors went off the charts, to put it mildly.

We kissed at midnight, and about an hour later, she drove back home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that was the best evening of my life.

^ That was lovely to read, thank you for sharing. I think the way you laid attention to detail and made an effort is great.

Serenia said:
^ That was lovely to read, thank you for sharing.  I think the way you laid attention to detail and made an effort is great.

Thank you so much, for taking the time to read, and for your lovely feedback :)

BeyondShy said:
Are you still with this woman (I hope) ?

Unfortunately, no.

It ended about 2 days after that evening, and we remained friends for another couple of months. She is extremely insecure and doesn't like closeness.

I have since written her many emails, all unrequited.

Somnambulist said:
BeyondShy said:

Unfortunately, no.

It ended about 2 days after that evening, and we remained friends for another couple of months. She is extremely insecure and doesn't like closeness.

That's terrible. I can't imagine how you must feel. :(

BeyondShy said:
Somnambulist said:
BeyondShy said:

Unfortunately, no.

That's terrible. I can't imagine how you must feel. :(

Thanks. It is. But, I'm so used to it that I can't say it bothers me anymore. I just think of her and miss her from time to time.

Thank you for taking the time to read that long post and for replying ! It means a lot to me. :)

Somnambulist said:
Thanks. It is. But, I'm so used to it that I can't say it bothers me anymore. I just think of her and miss her from time to time.

Thank you for taking the time to read that long post and for replying ! It means a lot to me. :)

It was my pleasure. I was just hoping for a good ending. It's always nice to read a happy story in here and I was wishing for a good one here.

One of the best experiences I've ever had occurred in 2012 from July 7th-13th, a month after I graduated high school. I went on this road trip to a camping resort with a group that included several of my fellow graduates. It was about a five hour drive to the site, and we traveled through a lot of gorgeous mountain countryside with lots of trees and meadows. To pass the time, my group played games like twenty questions and told jokes, occasionally stopping for snacks and bathroom breaks. The song "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen had just been released, so all through the week I heard it being played over and over on the radio or being sung by random people. The performers at one of the camp's worship services even did a parody of the song. 

To give a brief description, this camping place was part of a Christian organization where teenagers from around the country came to spend a week of fun, food, and fellowship. It had lots of old-town style buildings and cabins in a clearing surrounded by a beautiful forest of redwood trees. There was a lake where people could paddle their canoes and kayaks out onto, with a big waterslide on one side and a rope swing on the other. There was also a mess hall, a candy store, a swimming pool, a basketball court, a soccer field, and an auditorium where everyone would gather for nightly worship services. Throughout the week, a series of activities and competitions such as obstacle courses, mud runs, and dance-offs were scheduled for the campers to participate in. 

I'll try to remember some of those activities. One evening, there was this hoedown where people dressed in cowboy attire and partnered with members from different groups to learn and perform a line dance; the couple who performed it best were the winners. I liked my partner...she looked like Carrie Fisher. The hoedown eventually turned into a free-for-all dance-off where everyone danced however they wanted, and we jumped into the pool with our clothes on as crazy pop music played in the background. Speaking of the pool, on another day all the campers gathered there for a diving competition. The high diving board had just been opened up, and I was the first one on it. I tried to perform a double backflip, but it ended up being more like a one-and-a-half. It was kind of scary falling through the air for those two seconds before I hit the water. I also remember there being this giant mud war where it was every man and woman for themselves as we hurled mud and dirty water at each other, and another time competitors wore camouflage face paint as they raced each other through the woods in a night obstacle course. I don't remember anyone winning prizes for these events, I think it was all just for the competition. 

I remember one day during down time, when I made a lucky frisbee shot through a window when my group leader and some of my friends played a round of frisbee golf. I'd already made my first shot, and the number sign was around the corner of a building which blocked my view of it. There was an open window on the patio of the building, so I announced to everyone, "This one's going through the window!" So not expecting it to work, I threw my frisbee and it flew through the window, out the other side, and hit the sign which was about 100 feet away. This daring move was an ecstatic moment for me and my friends because I usually suck at frisbee golf.

There were also some noteworthy cabin moments. One evening, two of my friends decided to have a pillow fight, so my group arranged the bunk beds to look like an arena, and as they fought I acted as a radio host announcing to everyone the details of the fight (even though they could clearly see what was happening). Another evening, one of our guys went streaking through the other guys' cabin. I can't remember if he decided to do it or if someone dared him to. But it was hilarious either way, especially since he wore a big, black frizzy wig and the guys in the other cabin seemed to like it as I could hear them cheering him on as he ran through. We all laughed so hard.

There were some more personal moments as well. During cabin discussions, my group leader would ask us what this week had meant to us and if it had impacted us in any way. Some said that they felt they had grown stronger in their faith, others said it was the best time they ever had and they didn't want to go back to their personal lives, some of which sounded terrible. I wasn't very close friends with most of the guys I went on this trip with, but we had developed a mutual respect for each other through high school and this experience, which for me would be among the last I would have before leaving my old friends behind and transitioning into adulthood.

I used to walk in a park with hills and hiking a lot. This isn't with another person usually--just me so that's the person. This park is beautiful with trees, flowers, wildlife, and a river. One day I was having a real hard time with everything in life and went out for a hike that day. I lost myself in the beauty of where I was and forgot about all my problems. Just seeing what a beautiful world it is and how accessible it is for me just gave me the thoughts that everything was going to be okay. Nature is so uplifting. I found a rock that day that I call my hope rock. I keep it in my jewelry box and it reminds me that I picked it up the moment I had a thought that everything was going to be okay. When I see that rock it reminds me of that.
Nature makes me feel connected to the earth and part of something bigger and more important than problems. If I could choose to go there everyday it would be easy. Then I could have that feeling everyday, right? It's too cold right now to do that but maybe in a few weeks. If I remind myself of activities that make me feel happy, inspirational, and close to goodness it really helps my depression and lessens pain (aging sucks).

ExtremeUnit: Thanks for sharing that experience at the camp ! I enjoyed reading it !

I had a similar experience when I was 15. I remember the camaraderie and being carefree.

Healing2Me: I totally agree with you about nature and feeling connected to the Earth ! Thanks for sharing !

Latest posts

Back