Worker at starbucks treated me to a large ice coffee

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
And he doesn't really know me. But for ssome strange reason he said hi, got to talking. That was pretty cool of him, eh??

Restless soul said:
And he doesn't really know me. But for ssome strange reason he said hi, got to talking. That was pretty cool of him, eh??

That's great, dude ! Why don't you strike up a conversation with him. He can be your new friend. He can be your wingman at bars or wherever. He can introduce you to others.

Networking !

Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:

That's great, dude ! Why don't you strike up a conversation with him. He can be your new friend. He can be your wingman at bars or wherever. He can introduce you to others.

Networking !

Lets not get that crazy. Not sure if he fits that bar type wingman profile. And let's also hope he didn't only do it because he felt bad for me for whatever reason. That thought crossed my mind.  But still cool of hin

Restless soul said:
Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:

Networking !

Lets not get that crazy. Not sure if he fits that bar type wingman profile. And let's also hope he didn't only do it because he felt bad for me for whatever reason. That thought crossed my mind.  But still cool of hin

I'm going to be blunt now.

Stop being so pessimistic and cynical ! What's the harm in trying ? You seem to have psychoanalyzed him and made up your mind without even really getting to know him.

Restless soul said:
No harm at all. I will see

This sounds really cold and calculated, but sometimes, you have to plant a lot of seeds, and eventually, maybe one or two will grow to maturity.

If you were a chick, I'd say that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince.

Even if this guy is not your ideal friend, he can lead you to people you do want to meet ! You see ? Means to an end. Yeah, this is the cold and calculated part. But, this is how most people on Earth build social networks.

Just keep up some superficial banter with him. Someday, maybe he'll ask what you're doing on Friday night, to which you'll simply reply, "No plans." He'll invite you along to his friend's big ass party somewhere, and that will expose you to maybe 10 or 20 other fledgling plants. Then, you start the same process over with them.

Keep planting !

Ok, and I usually do keep an open mind when I meet a friendly guy.
But at the same time. Forget him for a second. To make a point.
I am on a lonley forum. But would I necessarily want to hang out with another loner like myself. I wouldn't. Sounds selfish and cold but that is where I am. This doesn't pertain to this guy. Just other guys in general

Restless soul said:
Ok, and I usually do keep an open mind when I meet a friendly guy.
But at the same time. Forget him for a second. To make a point.
I am on a lonley forum. But would I necessarily want to hang out with another loner like myself. I wouldn't. Sounds selfish and cold but that is where I am. This doesn't pertain to this guy. Just other guys in general

No, I meant that he can potentially help you meet a gal.

But, never mind, ignore me. It seems like you'd much rather do nothing.

We can analyze the situation till the apocalypse hits. But, you have to get off your a$$ and do something about it.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Restless soul said:
Does that count as a postive experience? Or a paranoid? one?

It's a positive experience. I'd love to come in here and post about something like this. It's positive!

Well....there have been other positive experiences but that was recent, figured I would follow somubulist lead and post it here

Latest posts

Back