Movie anticipation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorbachov

Reaction score
What movie are you looking forward to the most? Put in the name of the movie, a trailer and / or a poster and maybe comment on why that movie exactly.

Starting with me - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I'm not the biggest fan in a sense that i'd know every single detail of the star wars lore but i quite love these movies. Rogue One takes place between episode 3 & 4. It will showcase how the rebels will acquire the deathstar plans for episode 4 which was the first Star Wars movie that was released and also will introduce us to new characters such as Director Krennic - the supreme Military Imperial Director and the Director of Advanced Weapons Research, who is obsessed with completing the long delayed Death Star project, deliver the control over the functional battle station for the Emperor.

Release date: 16/12/2016

Trailer 

Posters
Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Orson-Krennic-character-poster.jpg

rogueone_onesheetA.jpg

Looking forward to checking out your anticipated movies.

I'm anticipating Rogue One as well. I'll admit the plot didn't excite me at first, but trailers and interviews with the cast/crew have really changed my initial reaction. That being said, I'm iffy about the Han Solo movie that's expected for 2018.

In addition to Rogue One, I'd like to see this:

[youtube]gM96ne-XiH0[/youtube]

Isabelle Huppert has been great in every movie of hers that I've seen, and I do enjoy Paul Verhoeven's subversive sensibilities.

Plot is pretty much known already in advance - atleast the major factors and also if you've read the prequel book to this movie. It's not a must read in a sense that you wouldn't understand the movie without it - it just brings context and character background for rogue one. The book explores the relationship between Galen and Krennic.
ELLE has been released for a while now - what's holding you back from watching it? Haven't found the time for it? Seems interesting and i like the idea of movies being "impowering". 
Fun fact - elle in my native language means hell.

Gorbachov said:
Plot is pretty much known already in advance - atleast the major factors and also if you've read the prequel book to this movie. It's not a must read in a sense that you wouldn't understand the movie without it - it just brings context and character background for rogue one. The book explores the relationship between Galen and Krennic.
ELLE has been released for a while now - what's holding you back from watching it? Haven't found the time for it? Seems interesting and i like the idea of movies being "impowering". 
Fun fact - elle in my native language means hell.

I'm in the US, where Elle was only released a few days ago. Let's just say movies like Elle don't exactly get widespread distribution here. I'm waiting to see if the nearest arthouse theater will do any showings. I'll probably end up watching the film through other means.

I'll get around to reading the prequel book soon. I've read many of the new Star Wars books and even some of the comics. Kind of addicted to absorbing as much of the new SW canon/lore as possible. Haha.

[youtube]4haJD6W136c[/youtube] this oh please let it be good.. please ^.^

Arachne said:
[youtube]4haJD6W136c[/youtube] this oh please let it be good.. please ^.^

I'm also looking forward to The Assassins Creed movie, looks promising and i love Michael Fassbender's acting!

[youtube]/fIHH5-HVS9o[/youtube]

[youtube]/Tgk_63b-Mrw[/youtube]

And of course 2018's The Batman.

Sci-Fi said:
[youtube]/fIHH5-HVS9o[/youtube]

[youtube]/Tgk_63b-Mrw[/youtube]

And of course 2018's The Batman.

Oh yes! Justice League! Can't wait for it either, i loved Batman v Superman (the ultimate edition of course), so i'm looking forward to Zack Snyder's next installment.. Who do you think will be th 7th member? Green Lantern?

I saw this thread title and literally thought "Rogue One!" I'm fangirling so much over this already.

Also looking forward to Moana and Sing. I'm a sucker for animation.

Tuathaniel said:
I saw this thread title and literally thought "Rogue One!" I'm fangirling so much over this already.

Also looking forward to Moana and Sing. I'm a sucker for animation.

So many people going on about Rogue One, it does look nice, but I for one am not going back to the Star Wars franchise untill Lucas finally does the series right and gives us a full length in depth origin stories for Jar Jar Binks!

Gorbachov said:
Oh yes! Justice League! Can't wait for it either, i loved Batman v Superman (the ultimate edition of course), so i'm looking forward to Zack Snyder's next installment.. Who do you think will be th 7th member? Green Lantern?

Rumor has it there might be two GL's showing up in the movie.

^ Final installment in the great Underworld series. Only downside is that Michael will be potrayed a different actor in this one, atleast i think i've read that somewhere.

I saw Rogue One in the first day it hit the theaters. I did quite enjoy the movie - my only problem with it is the ending. It's probably due to the fact that i followed extensive attention to the trailers and the sizzle reel. They reshot the ending and made major changes. I get it way they did that it's just that i wanted to see alot of moments from the early trailers and they never happened. Though some of the material was used for the tv spots till the very end.
Nevertheless - it's still a great movie, there's an epic Darth Vader scene at the end which felt a little like a horror movie.

nice I agree Gorbachov, I'm really excited to see x23 in a film. And I also hope the new underworld movie will be a good one.

Latest posts

Back