dilemma what to choose emotional attraction vs physical attraction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a dilemma, for sure it had occurred to many people from here, I am chatting with a girl that likes me a lot, but physically I don't like her. And I have a dream frequently with one person that I met time ago and make me crazy physically, her sexual approach to me it was great and the things we did together, So since that meeting I always think on her and compare all my relations with her. It is like no women reach the level of this one and even if I am mentally and emotionally close to them, physically they do not get the level of attraction I got with that other girl. 

So It is like I am in love with girls whom her way of being fills me deeply but on the other side the attraction on the physical of that girl, it is make me to be obssesed. What can I do to don't compare all the time that girl with the others? I would like to have a free mental relationship with somebody and feel attraction for somebody normally.

It probably won't work out physically with this girl as you're still obsessed with the other one.

To lose your obsession you have to let go of wanting something you can't have and open up to what you can have.

This is easier said than done, but the longer you stay obsessed, the more time (and your life) is wasted - and life is too short for that!

Its probably just lust.
People should learn to feel more.
I mean learn to feel using your heart and not your sexual  feelings. I think thats the main reason we all make mistake.
I think there is no perfect person.
But there will be one who can satisfy all our needs physically and emotionally. It takes time to know someone. Never give up and never settle.

Thank you very much for your help, I think that girls is coming through my mind all the time because I didn't satisfy my feelings with true love, and sex it was something casual to supply energy and cover my repression up. My hope is how can I replace those thoughts of sex for something less superficial.

I would say none.

If someone doesn't attract you on a physical level enough for you to stop imagining someone else, it's hard to see any relationship last.
Also, physical attraction is only biological, nothing deeper or more meaningful than that, so I guess none of those are "right" for you.

if you dont stop comparing you wont find someone that fulfills you emotionally....... looks are not everything either (just saying)

Its good to have physical attraction right away but give it time. Beauty is just 30% and the rest is 70% try to get to know the person better and discover if he/she is as beautiful inside i must warn you though its probably impossible lol it takes time to know someoneWeeks, months are not even enough. The best way to get to know someone is how he treats and talk about people be very aware of it. How they treat others is how they are going to treat you.

DarkSelene said:
I would say none.

If someone doesn't attract you on a physical level enough for you to stop imagining someone else, it's hard to see any relationship last.
Also, physical attraction is only biological, nothing deeper or more meaningful than that, so I guess none of those are "right" for you.

Nailed it.

Latest posts

Back