thinking about life itself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frvmexico said:
Has anyone felt alone eve when they have family and friends around them?

Yeah... When I was depressed, it didn't matter how many people were around me, I'd still feel like the most lonely person in the whole world :/.

That's a common issue with people suffering from loneliness. I've often felt that way myself, to the point where I'd rather be by myself rather than around people I can't relate to.

Yes, I often feel alone with my thoughts, especially if I'm just being there without any meaningful interaction.

The feeling is worse when the interaction is forced - at which point I prefer the peacefulness of solitude.

Indeed I have. Though I find it's more prevalent when it's a group of people that I don't have anything in common with. I can't really talk to them so I stay quiet and then I get bored, then I notice I'm not partaking in the conversation which makes me feel lonely and isolated. So yeah, I've felt that before. I just... do my best to hang about with people who are my age group, or have my interests, then I don't feel so alone.

Yes. I'm very different from the rest of my family in that I lack the social ease and clever sense of humor that they have. I don't feel as out of place when I'm with someone who is actually a friend to me, but I don't function well in groups of more than two people because I don't have a very strong speaking voice. It amazes me how people can converse in such large groups and just talk and talk and talk.

Latest posts

Back