Bonfire

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Somnambulist

(Elaborate fantasy is an inevitable part of unbearable reality)

Dear y'all,

I am writing this letter to invite y'all, from across the world, regardless of gender, age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, or whether or not you and I have fought like cats and dogs on this forum, to come share an evening with me on the beach. All you need to secure a spot for this exciting event is to reply to this thread ! The only kind of discrimination I will engage in here is that I require that you are single; if you have someone, you don't need this :D Provide your full name as on your passport, birth date, airport code of city you will be departing from, whether or not you're on the Interpol no-fly list, and any other information relevant to air travel in 2016, so I can book your tickets :D

[img=600x400]http://www.taiwaneseamerican.org/wp-content/uploads/tapsdbonfire.jpg[/img]

Though it is starting to get cold, it is still Southern California, and I'm sure most of you will survive ... just bring warm layers (the general rule for clothing here). The food and booze are on me, but that means y'all will be drinking red wine ... them's the rules, no exceptions. It's about a twenty minute walk from my apartment to the beach. The guys will carry the firewood and beach chairs/blankets, the gals will carry the wine and food. Cool ? Oh, and bring shoes (something you can hike in, not open-toe sandals) ... some minor rock scrambling will be involved, to get down to the beach from the overlooking bluffs.

Once we're down on the beach, we can match faces with posts, threads, and fights :p Sit around a bonfire, eat, drink, toss around insults, debate all that stuff we normally debate here online ... or not. After a few bottles have been emptied, I'm sure some of you crazy fucks will go skinny dipping in the freezing water ... fine by me, just don't count me in ... I associate nakedness with sex, esp. when under the influence. Some of you might start doing pushups in the sand ... that, I might join. If you meet someone in the group and sparks start flying, all I ask is that, out of respect for the other horny-as-hell lonely and jealous misers, that you secure some privacy ... it's for your own sake too.

Y'all can crash at my apartment, provided that, at about 6 am, when we're finished at the beach, you are lucid enough to walk twenty minutes. There's room for at least three or four of you, if privacy is not a top priority. If not, the bluffs are much warmer than the beach and people often sleep there. And, to get past your hangover the following morning, there is plenty of fresh water and I will even be kind enough to make my famed egg omelettes !

Optional events on day 2 will include wine tasting, ostrich feeding, hiking, and drives along the Pacific coast. We could drive all the way up to San Francisco, if there is interest.

So, let me know.
- K****k

Oh, how I wish ... !

You are aware you left half the forum out with your "single and miserable" discrimination, right?  Just because someone has someone does not mean they aren't lonely and miserable.

TheRealCallie said:
You are aware you left half the forum out with your "single and miserable" discrimination, right?  Just because someone has someone does not mean they aren't lonely and miserable.

Sincerely, thank you for responding :)

I agree ... people who have someone aren't necessarily happy. I just like to think (out of ignorance, or a mental block, or maybe some idealistic fantasy) that people who have someone at least have a chance, whatever that means.

And, I know that I would do anything to have just another chance. A chance to correct all the mistakes from my past relationships. A chance to show someone what I have to offer. A chance to be alive for a little while. But, I likely never will.

That's what I was alluding to, with my discrimination :)

P.S. If, in fact, it is 50% I'm leaving out, I will be tempted to edit my post ;)

I had no chance until years after we separated and by then, I didn't want him back. Also, doesn't matter if you have someone or not, you have a chance if you want a chance, that is entirely up to you and what you do. But just because you have someone doesn't mean you have a chance with THAT person.

TheRealCallie said:
I had no chance until years after we separated and by then, I didn't want him back.  Also, doesn't matter if you have someone or not, you have a chance if you want a chance, that is entirely up to you and what you do.  But just because you have someone doesn't mean you have a chance with THAT person.

:(

TheRealCallie said:

I hope that wasn't the only thing you got from my post :D

Would this sound good to you if you could find a reliable babysitter for your kids and were free to travel ?

While I'm not sure about the statistic validity of the "half of the forum" statement, I'd still like to state that I'm completely fine with the stated preferences and support the OP's right to personally discriminate in that manner. I am single and not miserable, so I'll have to pass though. Cheers and enjoy yourselves.

beautiful loser said:
'...whether or not you've gotten on my nerves on this forum...'

LOL..nothing like a subtle jab before an invitation.

Oh, come on, man ...

Clearly, my attempts at humor don't have a high success rate :)

Rodent said:
While I'm not sure about the statistic validity of the "half of the forum" statement, I'd still like to state that I'm completely fine with the stated preferences and support the OP's right to personally discriminate in that manner. I am single and not miserable, so I'll have to pass though. Cheers and enjoy yourselves.

:D

Somnambulist said:
TheRealCallie said:

Would this sound good to you if you could find a reliable babysitter for your kids and were free to travel ?

Yes, well, technically, since I'm still legally married, I'm not single.  Also, I'm not miserable, so, sorry, I still don't qualify.

TheRealCallie said:
Somnambulist said:
TheRealCallie said:

Yes, well, technically, since I'm still legally married, I'm not single.  Also, I'm not miserable, so, sorry, I still don't qualify.

:D :(

TheRealCallie said:
Somnambulist said:
TheRealCallie said:

You could just be a party crasher. :D

Extreme Unit said:
Keep me posted!

Wait, did you see the first and last lines of my original post ?

First line: (Elaborate fantasy is an inevitable part of unbearable reality)

Last line: Oh, how I wish ... !

:D

Latest posts

Back