Always >:(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dokidoki

Reaction score
Over the past few years I've been super duper work out mentally and this has taken quite the toll on my normal face. Now whenever my face is in a neutral stance, I look like I'm incredibly dissatisfied; all in all a very serious look.. >:| I don't proooperly understand it, not every smiles all the time. But on multiple instances I've had people asking "What's wrong?", "Why do you look so serious?" or even just outright be told to "Smile!!"

I find it pretty **** hilarious, when I'm anywhere I tell myself "Don't look angry!!", or force a smile on myself if I accidentally exchange glances with anyone. I'm all
GXBxnrk.gif

I'm guessing I look more
CAyvL6xUsAAhcnW.jpg:small

when I'm really just
5f45367c-s.jpg

On the good side when working with new people, I can often get my point across without much debate. They look at me think "This guy be hella' serious. Better not get into an argument." ... :D

Can anyone else relate to this?!

As I said on a poll someone did a while back, a lot of people think I'm always dissatisfied because I never smile. My dad does call me Satan because of it, and sometimes my family gets very angry because they think I'm angry when I'm just... like your last image (btw, I like that you took the time to illustrate it). Anyway, outside I couldn't know, I'm always in my head, probably look more retarded than anything, I hardly ever pay attention to the people walking by me.

And, hey, there's always a bright side. Being thought of as hella serious is cool, wish people thought I was intimidating because of exactly that, unfortunately that's not the case...

When I still had a brain to study with, that was the case for me. I did not realize I constantly had corners of mouth down at chin. After maybe two years, I happened to look in a mirror and was like "Wut? o_O Oops." My guess is it was because every time smthn happened during a school day I felt, um, less happy from I dragged the corners of mouth down a lil bit extra... and it just added up. Nowadays I've lost a bit of that ability, since I do not meet that many people XD

I am not a smiling type, sadly. It always looks forced when people tell me to or maybe like I'm in pain?

DarkSelene said:
As I said on a poll someone did a while back, a lot of people think I'm always dissatisfied because I never smile. My dad does call me Satan because of it, and sometimes my family gets very angry because they think I'm angry when I'm just... like your last image (btw, I like that you took the time to illustrate it). Anyway, outside I couldn't know, I'm always in my head, probably look more retarded than anything, I hardly ever pay attention to the people walking by me.

And, hey, there's always a bright side. Being thought of as hella serious is cool, wish people thought I was intimidating because of exactly that, unfortunately that's not the case...

People who seem cold on the outside tend to be the kindest people! Sometimes having a stone cold expression hanging on your face helps you disengage from things - sometimes you just want to disconnect from the living entities surrounding you. But ya know, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what your face shows. All that matters is how you are on the inside!

Meaw said:
When I still had a brain to study with, that was the case for me. I did not realize I constantly had corners of mouth down at chin. After maybe two years, I happened to look in a mirror and was like "Wut? o_O Oops." My guess is it was because every time smthn happened during a school day I felt, um, less happy from I dragged the corners of mouth down a lil bit extra... and it just added up. Nowadays I've lost a bit of that ability, since I do not meet that many people XD

Haha, what?! What do you mean you had the corners of your mouth down at your chin! I can't imagine that haha! But I think I understand what you mean, at some point in my life I realised that I actually lost the ability to smile. It randomly hit me that I think I'm dead on the inside x_x

Tealeaf said:
I am not a smiling type, sadly. It always looks forced when people tell me to or maybe like I'm in pain?

I don't think there's anything bad about not being a smiley type. The smile of a person who never shows it means a lot more than that of someone who's always smiling!

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and try to smile. I crack myself up over how stupid I look, it's pretty hilarious. It can be fun to laugh over how pathetic your life is!

i look depressed and miserable around other most individuals, these are the effects of extreme boredom

was once mistaken with depression too by several others, i just needed something to do worthwhile

Thesdere Surteys said:
i look depressed and miserable around other most individuals, these are the effects of extreme boredom

was once mistaken with depression too by several others, i just needed something to do worthwhile

Haha, I completely get where you're coming form. I'm sure you look ecstatic when you finally find something to engage yourself with! ^_^

dokidoki said:
Tealeaf said:

I don't think there's anything bad about not being a smiley type. The smile of a person who never shows it means a lot more than that of someone who's always smiling!

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and try to smile. I crack myself up over how stupid I look, it's pretty hilarious. It can be fun to laugh over how pathetic your life is!

Neither do I, but I get told to smile in photos. I'll laugh and smile more if something genuinely surprises me, like a good joke or spending time with friends. Thankfully I'm out of places like customer service.

At least practicing your faces in the mirror gives you something to show children over the holidays.

dokidoki said:
Thesdere Surteys said:

Haha, I completely get where you're coming form. I'm sure you look ecstatic when you finally find something to engage yourself with! ^_^

no, i actually dont

Tealeaf said:
dokidoki said:
Tealeaf said:

Neither do I, but I get told to smile in photos. I'll laugh and smile more if something genuinely surprises me, like a good joke or spending time with friends. Thankfully I'm out of places like customer service.

At least practicing your faces in the mirror gives you something to show children over the holidays.

Aha you can say that again. I happen to work in customer service :|

And I'm god awful with children; I am having infer this about myself because I rarely interact with children as it is, but the times I have they haven't gone too well.

Thesdere Surteys said:
dokidoki said:
Thesdere Surteys said:

no, i actually dont

Pft. Don't believe you. I'll have to see it to believe it!

Like, you're so right! :^D It's totally super duper hard to believe that, tee hee! ^_^ ~~

Hey, you seem like a almost bearable individual, k bye! ^_^ ~~~~~~

Thesdere Surteys said:
Like, you're so right! :^D It's totally super duper hard to believe that, tee hee! ^_^ ~~

Hey, you seem like a almost bearable individual, k bye! ^_^ ~~~~~~

I knew I was right :D

Opposite of me. I ALWAYS am smiling, even when I don't even notice it. I guess by nature it's my optimism?

When a friend and me were doing some costuming shots, it was just the two of us and we needed both of us in frame, so we worked around the issue by doing a video and later screencapping stills. Watching the video, I began to cringe at how I would be beaming for no reason at all, LITERALLY like.... every 2 seconds or so?

I had to ask him "Do I really smile THIS much?" And ****, that was my first outside view, and I remember not even realizing it.

Despite this, ironically, my go-to persona all my life has actually been incredibly aloof. Like, the dark loner you shouldn't approach aloof. About as polar opposite of my genuinely optimistic and passionate personality. I notice though I only do this when I get uncomfortable (as is typical with introverts) or when I'm afraid of being a bother, etc. I tend to essentially 'mute' my personality, I guess.

That's typically always been my experience with > :( though.

Also this 'persona' of mine tends to be what most people assume I am online more than most. Only because I tend to debate/argue, voice disagreements and generally don't use many emoticons (at least not publicly), or exclamation. People have told me I come across intimidating, unfriendly, or too serious.... all of which I'm surprised to hear, honestly, haha.

Latest posts

Back