Lonely Thanksgiving tomorrow (for those of you in the US).....how about you guys?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayAndLonesome

Reaction score
It's going to be a bummer lonely thanksgiving this year. This is a holiday Americans celebrate towards the end of November (for those of you living in other countries), and where family members and friends get together to party and feast. True meaning though, is a time of reflection for thanks and the opportunities we get.

I recently moved away from home, left my family and some friends, for a job opportunity in my current location. It was too good of a job opportunity to pass up.

I usually prepared the turkey with my dad a day prior to thanksgiving day.

Not this year.  :( Heck, I probably won't be eating turkey this year, until I go home to visit my parents in a couple of weeks.

What's worse is that I have to work an overnight shift tonight, AND tomorrow night (boooo!)! :( 

So how will some of you fellow people be spending your thanksgiving day or weekend?

;)

I might get to spend it with a friend, and her 100 lb black lab, at her place ... dunno yet.

Extreme Unit said:
Probably go to my aunt's house and play video games with my cousins.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun ! I remember when I used to play Tekken/Halo with my cousins.

GrayAndLonesome said:
It's going to be a bummer lonely thanksgiving this year. This is a holiday Americans celebrate towards the end of November (for those of you living in other countries), and where family members and friends get together to party and feast. True meaning though, is a time of reflection for thanks and the opportunities we get.

I recently moved away from home, left my family and some friends, for a job opportunity in my current location. It was too good of a job opportunity to pass up.

I usually prepared the turkey with my dad a day prior to  thanksgiving day.

Not this year.  :(  Heck, I probably won't be eating turkey this year, until I go home to visit my parents in a couple of weeks.

What's worse is that I have to work an overnight shift tonight, AND tomorrow night (boooo!)! :( 

So how will some of you fellow people be spending your thanksgiving day or weekend?

;)

Happy Thxgivin, pal. Don't let the dating dilemma get you down. Forget about it for a few days, and attack it with a fresh perspective when you return ;)

I am cooking tomorrow for my spouse and kids. I enjoy cooking so should be a yummy dinner. We have no other family. DH's parents are gone and so are mine. My sister lives several states away. We see Dh's brother from time to time. I always wondered what a huge family gathering would be like. I hear people talking of having 30 people over, etc!

I normally got to a relative's house and see people plus my parents but I told my mom that after this last election, there is nothing to be thankful for so I'm skipping it. Too many old people at the get together and I don't want to punch one of them. *laughs*

I may go out to a cafeteria this afternoon.

Wishing you a happy, safe, fun, and healthy Thanksgiving !

Hope you can have a glimpse of happiness and wholeness today watching the parade, eating some good food, and having positive thoughts. You owe it to yourself :)

If all else fails, please just show yourself a little more love today.

I'm alone with my elderly mother who's not rational these last few days....she'll pull out of it. My GF is with her extensive clan at their farm in the next state south. I'm recovering from influenza. I made turkey and vegetable soup and a pumpkin pie. Mom doesn't realize it's Thanksgiving.

I suppose I could have had another life, but this is the one I'm having instead. Amy's advice is pretty good. Thanks Amy!

I'm making 6 turkeys today. If you live closer we would love to have you over. It's a big trump celebration/thanksgiving feast. But either way, try to make it a good one.

I went to a cafeteria style restaurant. I got there at 4pm and the place was lined out the door. When I left at 5pm, it was still lined out the door.

Somnambulist said:
Happy Thxgivin, pal. Don't let the dating dilemma get you down. Forget about it for a few days, and attack it with a fresh perspective when you return ;)

Thanks a lot, somnambulist. Although I spent three nights in a row working. Yuck! I had to work a night shift the night before Thanksgiving. The following day on Thanksgiving, I just came home, ate breakfast, and had to sleep. No parties for me or gatherings to attend.

In fact, I was invited to several gatherings from people at church. However, the stupid work shift scheduler at my workplace had me working AGAIN on Thanksgiving night. Then she also scheduled me to work Friday night to Saturday morning.

Dating dilemma is still getting to me. So far, no luck with any responses on dating website that I frequent. :(

GrayAndLonesome said:
Somnambulist said:

Thanks a lot, somnambulist. Although I spent three nights in a row working. Yuck! I had to work a night shift the night before Thanksgiving. The following day on Thanksgiving, I just came home, ate breakfast, and had to sleep. No parties for me or gatherings to attend.

In fact, I was invited to several gatherings from people at church. However, the stupid work shift scheduler at my workplace had me working AGAIN on Thanksgiving night. Then she also scheduled me to work Friday night to Saturday morning.

Dating dilemma is still getting to me. So far, no luck with any responses on dating website that I frequent. :(

I replied to your other thread. I think you might want to try a slightly different approach to dating.

Latest posts

Back