Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painfully insecure to the point of avoiding people and places
I think what you do is just face your fears. Yes, the world seems full of confident people. And, maybe there are indeed some very confident people. But, i think that a lot of people have fears. And, so what? You just "do it afraid". If i would have let fear hold me back in life, i would never have accomplished anything. There is nothing wrong with sweaty palms and your heart beating fast. Those who are so cocky in life honestly are some of the dumbest people i have ever met. Ignorance is bliss. Real people with smarts do have some fears.
You don't have to be who you are not. You don't have to go up to someone and pretend they are your best friend or anything like that. Instead, just go about living your life. If you run into someone, just look them in the eye, smile and say Hello and keep going. That's it.
You need to start developing mental strength. Running is a good way to do this if you don't already and so is strength training. That advice gets given a lot but I stand by it.
Thanks, I will take that into consideration
It's interesting to think about what would help something
Like that long term
(11-26-2016, 05:11 PM)Paraiyar Wrote: You need to start developing mental strength. Running is a good way to do this if you don't already and so is strength training. That advice gets given a lot but I stand by it.

Makes some sense. Physically I can improve. But wondering if that will make me impervious to what people say. And said. And facing them not running away like some frightened cat.
Which is literally what I do. Quite sad and pathetic
Strength training (weightlifting), in many ways, has saved my life. It is the one thing that has provided effective and consistent relief from depression, anxiety, and insomnia, among other things like low self-esteem.

It can really help make you feel better about yourself. It's benefits, both short-term and long-term, are hard to quantify.

It's not going to help you overcome your past, but I highly recommend it anyway.
I can see working out helping me to an extent. Outward physical apperance. Sure. Would help feel better too. Then comes. The headache of gym fees, obnoxious guys in gym. Comparing to others in gym.
Would be great if I had someone to go with or a laid back place that was free or reasonably priced
(11-27-2016, 03:41 AM)Restless soul Wrote: The headache of obnoxious guys in gym. Comparing to others in gym.

LOL, true !
(11-27-2016, 03:41 AM)Restless soul Wrote: I can see working out helping me to an extent. Outward physical apperance. Sure. Would help feel better too. Then comes. The headache of gym fees, obnoxious guys in gym. Comparing to others in gym.

You just have to be able to block those things out because you don't want to hold you back from self-improvement. Plus I find the majority of people in my gym are fine but maybe New Zealand (where I'm from) is different.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoiding people - because of what they said Restless soul 120 6,433 04-13-2017, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Restless soul
  "Stop caring what other people think" rant MentatsGhoul 9 1,974 07-03-2016, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Volt
  Does it turn people off when you are slow to reply msbxa 27 3,816 01-18-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  When people think I don't speak loudly enough. GrannySmith111 15 5,588 10-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Volmornu
  I hate it when people are so tight and serious! MisterD 5 4,949 01-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Reverie
  need your perspective people bonin151 6 1,914 09-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Senamian
  Comparing yourself to other people theglasscell 29 4,252 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Last Post: amoraniva
  fear of people Mr Hermit 17 4,139 08-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: MTrip
  I need to stand up to people African_weasel 27 3,586 08-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Last Post: African_weasel
  I feel like people hate me here LeaningIntoTheMuse 53 8,026 07-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: WallflowerGirl83