Whats the weirdess thing you've done out of loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAnxiousPain

Reaction score
Im depressed, lonely and in a dark space 

One weird thing LONELINESS made me do, sometimes I go to Walmart parking lot and sit in my car just to get away from the house and to get some air. And while sitting in Walmart I just look at all the people, and the families and friends who all are going inside of walmart and just live through them, like "Wow they are normal and is able to be normal", meanwhile i am damaged, and stuck". I am 24 years old and have nothing but negative messages in my head from a dangerously verbally abusive people that is so hard to shake. I really sit on how these people that walks inside of walmart are human and have issues just like all of us, but they are "living". I don't know how to yet. Money issues is getting in the way, but I am working 24/7 and is saving to move away. But yet and still reality is still eating me alive.

I Yearn so much for a life. I feel so guilty for wanting a life. I feel so guilty for wanting more. My family really done a job 

Anyhow, what are the weirdest thing "loneliness" made you do?

TheAnxiousPain said:
 have issues just like all of us

I have also come to this realization 

I too will talk to strangers

The weirdest thing I did was tell myself that I'm a worthless piece of honeysuckle, when some of the people who made me feel that way were the real pieces of honeysuckle.

TheAnxiousPain said:
Im depressed, lonely and in a dark space 

One weird thing LONELINESS made me do, sometimes I go to Walmart parking lot and sit in my car just to get away from the house and to get some air. And while sitting in Walmart I just look at all the people, and the families and friends who all are going inside of walmart and just live through them, like "Wow they are normal and is able to be normal", meanwhile i am damaged, and stuck". I am 24 years old and have nothing but negative messages in my head from a dangerously verbally abusive people that is so hard to shake. I really sit on how these people that walks inside of walmart are human and have issues just like all of us, but they are "living". I don't know how to yet. Money issues is getting in the way, but I am working 24/7 and is saving to move away. But yet and still reality is still eating me alive.

I Yearn so much for a life. I feel so guilty for wanting a life. I feel so guilty for wanting more. My family really done a job 

Anyhow, what are the weirdest thing "loneliness" made you do?

Sounds normal to me. Done that. Kinda.

Walked for hours waiting to find some obscure place with people alike. Did this at least 3 times since last year.

I looked for neighbourhood cats to stroke. I usually found one which was accommodating ;)

I'd not neccessarily count any of these things as weird but still thought I could share. It made me redefine what is worth not doing among people when I want to do something.

I sit down in grocery stores if I'm tired, most often out of the way. My business if my feet are tired.
I take walks in middle of night. Less bright than during daytime.
I dressed up as a vampire (cape, teeth, lenses, you name it) and walked around like that.
Sometimes, people noticed me. More important, I felt like it. And that is what loneliness did, it made me choose being me in front of not me (and maybe still not have been accepted.) These are just the first things I get to think of, however.

What I have done out of loneliness-

I have searched for sex with strangers
I have went on spending sprees
I have secretly and openly envied people who are able to be loved and cared for by others
I have been spiteful to others
I have people watched from my car, inventing stories about them, and getting jealous over the stories I invented

I also agreed that my parents did screw me up as a child.

TheRealCallie said:
There was one time.....I talked to strangers.  Don't judge me, I was desperate.  :club:

Lol, I can relate. But I think it isn`t as bad as talking to animals, like I did (and still do =)) what can I say...meow). ;)

Probably the weirdest thing I have done out of loneliness is not doing anything at all to break out of it.... At some point I stopped trying, and it became realy hard to take the first step back towards "society" (yes that words deserves quotes in every occasion ;))

TheAnxiousPain said:

My favorite place in the city I love is a park with an artificial lake. I used to go there alone and watch people in a similar way.

TheAnxiousPain said:
I really sit on how these people that walks inside of walmart are human and have issues just like all of us

I have same thought and somehow I have a feeling of sympathy to the people I see pass by. Like deep down I would like to make their life better in some way. Maybe it's all rooted in my want to share something with someone and be part of their life.

Kianda said:
I looked for neighbourhood cats to stroke. I usually found one which was accommodating ;)

Aww.  :)  The neighborhood stray cats sometimes keep following me around. Would be awesome if someone was as interested to hang out with me outside.

Last year, I bought one of them Life like Japanese Love doll. Not to have sex with. (I'd rather have a cup of tea) but I would sit her on the sofa next to me and chat to her. Or I would sit her at the dining table and eat my meals with her. She was and is my only true companion.

I think the weirdest thing I've done out of loneliness is to push people away.

I line up some shoes and boots etc in the hall and pretend I have a family!  I am so so sad :(

Go to clubs.

When sitting there, alongside numerous other people who know each other Ffeeling totally and utterly marginalised, I regretted my decision so so much.

The weird part about this is that I've done this several times...

Latest posts

Back