Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-Confidence Coach
(12-02-2016, 02:32 PM)Sci-Fi Wrote: Any links posted for monetary gain are not permitted.  You'd be wise to contact one of us three moderators before posting any links in threads, signatures or profiles for us to review first.   Thanks.
I completely understand. Some forums are stricter than others and that's perfectly fine.
(12-02-2016, 10:15 AM)Somnambulist Wrote: Welcome, Alex !

Thanks for introducing yourself. We have a specific subforum for new member introductions, but it's ok here as well. No biggie.

I enjoyed reading about your journey, and admire the passion, determination, and energy it took to achieve all that you achieved.

For others interested, Alex's website URL is also mentioned in her profile, though it will soon be in her signature also.

I have my own passionate views about the subject of confidence, one of the most grossly misunderstood and misused words in the language. And, I look forward to debating the subject with you when an opportunity comes up.

Quite bluntly, loads of people mistake being an arrogant a$$ho!e for confidence. You probably won't like my definition of true confidence Big Grin

I read what you said, but I'm curious about your background and approach in this specific area (coaching)... is it based on psychology, social work, spirituality ? All of the above ?

My views originate from a lifetime of melancholy, observing widespread ignorance, deep and intense reflection and contemplation, and more recently, from spiritual teachings.
Thank you, Somnambulist! Of course I misunderstood as to where to post the new thread, and knowing I might do that, I had asked you where to do it, but when you said to start a new thread, I just tried to see where my thread would fit best. So I apologize for this displacement, it was not intentional. At any rate, I really appreciate your questions. And I agree that many people misunderstand the notion of self-confidence. I personally believe it is very different from arrogance, which is why we have these two different words in the first place, right? Arrogance is often a sign of lack of self-confidence in my experience. Or to put it more bluntly, a sign of false sense of security. It is a sad thing to see, but if you can recognize it, you are in a good shape. Oftentimes it is hard to help an individual who is demonstrating a false sense of security, because they have not recognized it yet. 

The way I teach self-confidence is by encompassing all areas of life that we try to keep balanced in order to have healthy self-esteem and self-confidence. It includes self-perception, health, spirituality, finances, career, relationships. Each of these life aspects are important to well-being, therefore you cannot ignore some of them in favor of others. This is where integrity plays a crucial role. Of course, we try to recognize which area or couple of areas need the most work at any given time and address those issues head first, but at any moment, each person is a work in progress and I look at my life from all these aspects to keep them in check. The important part is to recognize that your learning and self-building never stops if you want to live your life to the fullest. And to make it simpler and more specific, you create goals of the things that truly matter to you and start finding creative and healthy ways to accomplish these goals with smaller actionable steps based on your plan. I hope this makes sense as I don't want to make this post too long and complicated.
(12-06-2016, 07:22 AM)AlexD Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 02:32 PM)Sci-Fi Wrote: Any links posted for monetary gain are not permitted.  You'd be wise to contact one of us three moderators before posting any links in threads, signatures or profiles for us to review first.   Thanks.
I completely understand. Some forums are stricter than others and that's perfectly fine.

As far as I know you did not ask any moderators here concerning your links. If you read what I wrote I also said PROFILES which yours does contain. You do not offer free services and require people to give out their emails to you. Your site is set up for monetary gain and I am pretty sure we've seen that exact site and offers before. Please REMOVE the link from your profile. Thanks.
You don't have to post in the new members section. You can post wherever you want. The thread is not displaced at all. Post where you want, that's the beauty of a public forum.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM Smile

[Image: 3b93b58015913ae344b9de645b2d2b2f.jpg]
(12-06-2016, 07:47 AM)Sci-Fi Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 07:22 AM)AlexD Wrote:

As far as I know you did not ask any moderators here concerning your links.  If you read what I wrote I also said PROFILES which yours does contain.  You do not offer free services and require people to give out their emails to you.  Your site is set up for monetary gain and I am pretty sure we've seen that exact site and offers before.  Please REMOVE the link from your profile.  Thanks.

This site was created a month ago so I am not sure where you have seen it here, and it is my first time on this forum. I will remove the link, I have no problem with it. I know I can help people and if they want my service, they will approach me as it has happened many, many times already. Thank you for your reply.
Okay, I have to know. Are you male or female?

(12-06-2016, 09:56 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: Okay, I have to know.  Are you male or female?

Callie, please don't yell at me (for responding to a question intended for someone else). I'm only replying because you wanted an answer and Alex has gone offline.

Alex is female (Alexandra).
(12-06-2016, 09:58 AM)Somnambulist Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 09:56 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: Okay, I have to know.  Are you male or female?

Callie, please don't yell at me (for responding to a question intended for someone else). I'm only replying because you wanted an answer and Alex has gone offline.

Well, I would prefer an answer from the person that I asked.  I know how to read a profile....

(12-06-2016, 10:00 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 09:58 AM)Somnambulist Wrote:

Well, I would prefer an answer from the person that I asked.  I know how to read a profile....

Jesus Christ. I knew I shouldn't have answered.

Go fuck yourself. (I've been wanting to tell you that for some time now)
Who is Sean Cooper? He's kind of cute, and I mean, if you're gonna sell me something with his face on it.... I'd like to talk to him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building confidence,higher self esteem and overcoming shyness? owmygod 19 3,531 02-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Last Post: owmygod
  Advice for on the spot self-confidence when interviewing Unalome 3 1,288 03-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Last Post: kamya
  How to remain having confidence when no womans wants me? Hawx79 61 7,299 10-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Last Post: M_also_lonely
  Jeckyl's thread of confidence boosting, my experiences and how I left my slump. Jeckyl 4 1,587 09-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Eliraven
  The #1 Way to Gain the Confidence to do Anything Lucent Shadow 14 2,893 07-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Last Post: dd11
  Body confidence issues AspiringCatLady 14 2,254 02-19-2015, 03:12 AM
Last Post: AspiringCatLady
  Why do I have absolutely no confidence with women I don't know? SimonT 13 4,178 03-22-2014, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Triple Bogey
  Breast Augmentation for More Confidence? Claire1978 26 4,385 01-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Walley
  ive no confidence or self esteem. how could i not have noticed him? simhthmss 6 2,501 09-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Senamian
  overcoming your fears and increasing confidence live4it 11 3,253 09-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Last Post: 9006