Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-Confidence Coach
Feels a little ambulance chasey, Alex but I'm sure your intentions are pure.

I am intrigued by you mentioning that integrity has a lot to do with self confidence and I'd love to hear more about how you view the correlation. I guess I'm saying I know plenty of confident people who have lacked integrity at times. Are we talking about moral certitude and honesty with others and ourselves? I guess I would feel better about myself if I could consider myself righteous in all I do, but I'm not sure if that's what you meant. Exercise works well for me Smile
(12-06-2016, 10:15 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 10:12 AM)AlexD Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 10:00 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 09:58 AM)Somnambulist Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 09:56 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: Okay, I have to know.  Are you male or female?

Callie, please don't yell at me (for responding to a question intended for someone else). I'm only replying because you wanted an answer and Alex has gone offline.

Alex is female (Alexandra).

Well, I would prefer an answer from the person that I asked.  I know how to read a profile....

I do have to go to an event, but I am glad I checked in here for a couple more minutes. Female, TheRealCallie, I am female indeed Smile. And have been my entire life. You guys are so fun to read! No yelling at each other necessary Smile This is a very mature forum, probably the largest amount of threads from all forums I've been on. Wow. I have to disappear now, but I will be back :Smile

So who is Sean Cooper?

I have to say....something isn't adding up here.  And that is a professional opinion.
A different coach. Not me. He is a guy Smile
(12-06-2016, 11:12 AM)littlefish1555 Wrote: Feels a little ambulance chasey, Alex but I'm sure your intentions are pure.  

I am intrigued by you mentioning  that integrity has a lot to do with self confidence and I'd love to hear more about how you view the correlation.  I guess I'm saying I know plenty of confident people who have lacked integrity at times.  Are we talking about moral certitude and honesty with others and ourselves?  I guess I would feel better about myself if I could consider myself righteous in all I do, but I'm not sure if that's what you meant.   Exercise works well for me Smile

Self-integrity is what I believe in very firmly. If you cannot be honest with yourself, you cannot be honest with others. Yet it is a hard thing to be honest with yourself. It's easier to ask others the tough questions, isn't it? What worked for me and has been working for eight years now, is acting upon the answers I find to my honest questions to myself. It's tough sometimes because when I find the answer, that means I need to take action. I like to call it humorously "make some motions", to fix what needs fixing or accomplish a goal I have given to myself. But I have a rule to never procrastinate and it has really eliminated plenty of issues. Stuff gets done, period. You have your life under control consistently, you have self-confidence. Exercise is great, littlefish1555. I have been a very dedicated martial artist for the last ten years, which has been my form of insane exercise, and I agree is works in so many ways. My practice of marital arts has helped me tremendously in many areas, including the development of self-integrity. I have to say, I've had great teachers.
Thanks, Alex, that really is a great approach and I totally get what you're saying. how HARD though! Smile Thank you for sharing
(12-07-2016, 01:43 AM)littlefish1555 Wrote: Thanks, Alex, that really is a great approach and I totally get what you're saying.  how HARD though!  Smile Thank you for sharing

What's hard is to get it started. And once it has been started, not to slack back into old mental habits. Consistency, in other words. But once you get the consistency going, it becomes a way of life. Will you make mistakes? Of course! Those are the best way to learn...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building confidence,higher self esteem and overcoming shyness? owmygod 5 253 01-08-2017, 05:12 AM
Last Post: M_also_lonely
  Advice for on the spot self-confidence when interviewing Unalome 3 603 03-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Last Post: kamya
  How to remain having confidence when no womans wants me? Hawx79 61 4,819 10-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Last Post: M_also_lonely
  Jeckyl's thread of confidence boosting, my experiences and how I left my slump. Jeckyl 4 1,055 09-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Eliraven
  The #1 Way to Gain the Confidence to do Anything Lucent Shadow 14 2,051 07-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Last Post: dd11
  Body confidence issues AspiringCatLady 14 1,739 02-19-2015, 03:12 AM
Last Post: AspiringCatLady
  Why do I have absolutely no confidence with women I don't know? SimonT 13 3,422 03-22-2014, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Triple Bogey
  Breast Augmentation for More Confidence? Claire1978 26 3,690 01-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Walley
  ive no confidence or self esteem. how could i not have noticed him? simhthmss 6 1,791 09-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Senamian
  overcoming your fears and increasing confidence live4it 11 2,679 09-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Last Post: 9006