Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonalities
We often focus on how we stand out or differ, and sometimes we argue and bicker, so here's a thread that's all about what we have in common. Recognizing commonalities can promote a feeling of oneness, and I think we need that, esp. in a world that finds it all too easy to alienate people.

I'll start by telling you a bit about myself, and you do the same, and also point out what you have in common with anyone else who posted before you. (For instance, you can follow my post by telling me that you love wine too !)

- I'm in my 30s and I wonder if I'll spend my whole life alone
- I'm not quite an alcoholic but definitely drink more (red wine) than I should, ideally
- I can't live without music
- Exercise kept me sane for many years
- I feel most alone when performing mundane errands like grocery shopping and seeing couples shopping together ... I think to myself, "What stars have to align in order for that guy to be me ?"
- I enjoy a good cry
- I'm very insecure about how I look in photographs
- I often daydream because fantasy is a huge part of my unbearable reality

We might live in different corners of the world, look different, work different jobs, have different lifestyles, but at our core, we're really not all that dissimilar.
Like you, I grimace when I force a smile. But it happens more often when I'm constipated and I have to smile to someone than when I'm taking a pic.

So the Angel said: 'Thy phantasy has imposed upon me
& thou oughtest to be ashamed.'
I answer'd: 'We impose on one another ,
& it is but lost time to converse with you
whose works are only Analytics.'

Opposition is True Friendship
I have these things in common with you.

- I'm in my 30s and I wonder if I'll spend my whole life alone
- I feel most alone when performing mundane errands like grocery shopping and seeing couples shopping together ... I think to myself, "What stars have to align in order for that guy to be me ?"

* I have a hard time trusting people.
* I try to get allong with everyone, even when I know I shouldn't.
* I have a hard time expressing my likes and dislikes, whether it's music, humour, standards, you name it.
* I don't stay interrested in any sport / hobby for long.
-I am a mother
-I always have music or Judge Judy or Chef Ramsay on in the background
-Until I lose my 2 legs and heartbeat, I won't believe in boredom
-I like watching baseball
-I believe there is something beautiful about everyone, deep inside
-My mind has become my best friend
-I'm not afraid to be alone. I'm kind of starting to welcome it.
(12-04-2016, 09:26 PM)Somnambulist Wrote: - I can't live without music

(12-05-2016, 03:45 AM)AmytheTemperamental Wrote: -My mind has become my best friend
-I'm not afraid to be alone. I'm kind of starting to welcome it.

Bingo!
[Image: fBO4fJe.png]
(12-05-2016, 01:07 AM)Lacrecia Wrote: Like you, I grimace when I force a smile. But it happens more often when I'm constipated and I have to smile to someone than when I'm taking a pic.

Big Grin
(12-05-2016, 03:32 AM)MisterLonely Wrote: - I feel most alone when performing mundane errands like grocery shopping and seeing couples shopping together ... I think to myself, "What stars have to align in order for that guy to be me ?"

I relish shopping alone. I prefer being by myself when doing such a thing. I can take my time and not have to worry about someone standing around like a nitwit, waiting for me just to follow me around like a lost dog... oh wait... I do have to worry about that. Despite asking over and over for him to not follow me, he continues to do so. It irritates me to the bone. I didn't know people actually want to shop together.
Roasting Fire - No Rules, free-for-all Discord server not connected to ALL.

https://discord.gg/RKVtZ4M
(12-04-2016, 09:26 PM)Somnambulist Wrote: - I can't live without music

(12-05-2016, 03:32 AM)MisterLonely Wrote: * I have a hard time trusting people.

I escape life into books/comics/video games etc
I regard friendship more important than family
I don't drink alcohol
Never done drugs of any kind
I love to draw
(12-05-2016, 03:45 AM)AmytheTemperamental Wrote: -I always have music or Judge Judy or Chef Ramsay on in the background
-I believe there is something beautiful about everyone, deep inside
-My mind has become my best friend

Is the music or JJ or CR because you're afraid of silence ? Does silence make you feel alone ?
I agree about everyone having hidden gems.
Ironically, I think my mind is my worst enemy.
(12-05-2016, 10:55 AM)VanillaCreme Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 03:32 AM)MisterLonely Wrote: - I feel most alone when performing mundane errands like grocery shopping and seeing couples shopping together ... I think to myself, "What stars have to align in order for that guy to be me ?"

I relish shopping alone. I prefer being by myself when doing such a thing. I can take my time and not have to worry about someone standing around like a nitwit, waiting for me just to follow me around like a lost dog... oh wait... I do have to worry about that. Despite asking over and over for him to not follow me, he continues to do so. It irritates me to the bone. I didn't know people actually want to shop together.

Haha, let me tell you the REAL truth to this Wink, men don't take their time to do grocery shopping they are well oiled grocery shopping machines, I'm in and out the store in 20 minutes max Cool , and the reason your grocery store attachment is standing there like a lost dog is because he probably is bored out of his mind and thinking to himself most of the time  "just grab one and get on with it, THEIR ALL THE SAME!" Toungue