It is about to happen and I am scared

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAnxiousPain

Reaction score
I will be moving to NJ in the next 3 weeks. I have $1,500 saved. I feel really really guilty and scared because I am letting go of my family full blown no contact. It hurt me to go no contact from my mom therefore I will just contact her via email. This is a must. All the years of put downs and mental abuse. But yesterday took the cake. I was sitting on the couch and my two brothers felt they wanted yo gang up on me and hurt me as usual, but yesterday it got vicious. My brother started to reveal that dad regretted me and just was Started to say hateful honeysuckle in front of everyone. I just kept watching TV, and next thing I know I had an old iPhone 4 launching at my mouth and that iPhone 4 model is made of glass like and it literally bust my lip Wide open. My brother claims he didnt mean to, but he did. Everyone know he did. He just told my MOM that. I Walked away broken and it took me back to when i was a little girl. Now Ive been thinking Im so screwed up. i dont even think moving away will matter. I cannot imagine a life Without their validation.

Sounds like you are doing the best thing for you which is the most important thing. You shouldn't feel guilty and moving is always scary. Good Luck.

I agree with Sci-Fi but $1500 won't last long unless you get more coming in soon, so live cheap get a job quick and stay safe.

And you do not need your family's validation. Make your own life for yourself.

TheAnxiousPain said:
[...] next thing I know I had an old iPhone 4 launching at my mouth and that iPhone 4 model is made of glass like and it literally bust my lip Wide open. [..]

That's assault. Take a photo of your lip and consider pressing charges.

TheAnxiousPain said:
I will be moving to NJ in the next 3 weeks. I have $1,500 saved. I feel really really guilty and scared because I am letting go of my family full blown no contact. It hurt me to go no contact from my mom therefore I will just contact her via email. This is a must. All the years of put downs and mental abuse. But yesterday took the cake. I was sitting on the couch and my two brothers felt they wanted yo gang up on me and hurt me as usual, but yesterday it got vicious. My brother started to reveal that dad regretted me and just was Started to say hateful honeysuckle in front of everyone. I just kept watching TV, and next thing I know I had an old iPhone 4 launching at my mouth and that iPhone 4 model is made of glass like and it literally bust my lip Wide open. My brother claims he didnt mean to, but he did. Everyone know he did. He just told my MOM that. I Walked away broken and it took me back to when i was a little girl. Now Ive been thinking Im so screwed up. i dont even think moving away will matter. I cannot imagine a life Without their validation.

Your family is abusing you! You need no validation for anything from them. Your brother assaulted you, there is no excuse for this!  I commend you for being brave and moving away. Start over, without judgment from "loved ones". I am so sorry for what happened to you. Get away and don't look back.  It seems like you have already made your decision, so stick with it. You can do this!

Sending you my well wishes. I hope this move helps you turn your life around :)

Brothers are supposed to look after their sisters and keep them safe, sure I myself have fought with my sisters in the past, but not after my teenage years for sure...

Best of luck and please stay safe, as constant stranger said get a job fast! doesn't matter what as long as there is money coming in!

YOUR not screwed up
You know no other way but there is better out there
Lucky for your brother I am not close ...he would be eating that Iphone himself

Validation? You seriously need to get away from them. If ANYONE physically abuses you again, you need to call the Police. Stop making excuses for their horrible behavior. If they are "cutting off contact" because you are choosing to move and start your own life, then they are sons of Beitches and if your parents are that way, then they suck as parents. In a healthy family, parents WANT their kids to move out, stand on their own 2 feet and follow their dreams. i would never do that kind of thing to my children.
And as for taking it like a little girl, you need to allow yourself to feel OFFENDED and INDIGNANT by their treatment of you. That isn't right. Doesn't mean you should be horrible to them. What it means, is that you have to muster the strength to walk away from bad treatment. You can do this.

Your mom is a JERK of the highest order if she accepted that as he "didn't mean it" as an explanation. SHE should have called the Police. I would never put up with my children treating each other that way.

constant stranger said:
I agree with Sci-Fi but $1500 won't last long unless you get more coming in soon, so live cheap get a job quick and stay safe.

And you do not need your family's validation.  Make your own life for yourself.

Completely agree with this. Hopefully you find gainful employment or have something lined up, because 1500 is next to nothing there. And you really don't need approval or validation from anyone but yourself. If you feel good and you're doing well for yourself, then keep it up.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Restless soul said:
Paraiyar said:
Restless soul said:
I wonder where sonambulist went??

He got banned, not sure if it was a perma-ban.

Are you serious?? Whats with all the bans here lately.  He was pretty tame with his style

What does that have to do with this thread
Zero. I just thought I would throw it out there. Miss what does it have to do with the thread.

Restless soul said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
Restless soul said:
Paraiyar said:
Restless soul said:
I wonder where sonambulist went??

He got banned, not sure if it was a perma-ban.

Are you serious?? Whats with all the bans here lately.  He was pretty tame with his style

What does that have to do with this thread
Zero. I just thought I would throw it out there. Miss what does it have to do with the thread.

https://www.alonelylife.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14

Restless, you don't need to get snippy. You asked a question, albeit irrelevant to this particular thread, and so did she. No need to get hasty.

Latest posts

Back